EGR flap actuator snapped on CBBB

m4xmw

Anyone have experience or advice?

I`m running a Cr170 dsg and at the service just completed( 96k miles) it wasnt connected to the EGR cooler flap, it had snapped.

I`m not aware its had the recall  as I wouldnt let SKoda do it!

What are my options other that over £800 at the dealer for a new one! It books as a 5hrs labour!

By the way, the car is running really well and no engine management lights.

Thoughts are leave it, and get round to doing it eventually or get it done asap to stop any other issues.

Thanks is advance

By the looks of it, if your car does have the CBBB engine, the EGR setup is much simpler than on the later CFGB engine. The labour on the later engines is significant because the DPF has to be dropped out of the way first to get access to the EGR assembly. The CBBB looks to have the EGR cooler at the side of the block and it might not need as much work to get at it. It may not be that expensive to fix: I'd put in a phonecall to a dealer for a quote and go from there.