Legroom question

JenT

Can someone please tell me if the Karoq back passenger legroom is reduced with varioflex seats? Space seems pretty tight in the SEL with childseat in (very limited legroom in front passenger seat as a result). Is there more space in the SE model with standard seats? Anyone also know how this compares with Kodiaq and like rival brands? Love the Koraq but need as much legroom as possible and not sure this is providing enough.

25 minutes ago, JenT said:

Can someone please tell me if the Karoq back passenger legroom is reduced with varioflex seats? Space seems pretty tight in the SEL with childseat in (very limited legroom in front passenger seat as a result). Is there more space in the SE model with standard seats? Anyone also know how this compares with Kodiaq and like rival brands? Love the Koraq but need as much legroom as possible and not sure this is providing enough.

I am 6 feet tall and can sit behind my driving position, however the picnic trays do rob a little room for rear passengers legs. As a comparison I sat in the back of a Kodiaq (no picnic trays) and there wasn't a great deal more room TBH. The Kodiaq just has a deeper, larger boot. Although we have never removed the Vario seats in our SEL Karoq at least the option is there if you need to move large/bulky items.:thumbup:

3 hours ago, JenT said:

Agree with you on the child seat - it completely destroys the front leg room for the passenger!  At least little 'un in the back has all the space they desire :D 

I have found the boot space isn't great with the pram and everything either (I have since replaced my TT with an A6 Avant so at least one of the cars can fit all his kit in and the weekly shop as well...)  Picnic trays definitely don't help the space issue either but as a 6ft adult the rear legroom is fine.

Do you think the other mid size SUVs have the same problem? Karoq didnt appear any smaller in person or seem to on reviews. Was thinking maybe my car seat is just ridiculously big, but seems pretty standard for a rear facing seat 

Britax romer dualfix - also rotating. Actually compared to cybex one yesterday at mothercare and hardly anything between them. Worked out only real way to make space is to front face, which i am not prepared to do at 12 months old. 

I have watched and read a significant number of review of the Karoq and I am quite confident in saying that you will get a smidgeon more legroom with standard seats compared to the VarioFlex ones. My understanding though is that we’re talking millimetres. For you and trying to fit a child seat that could be the difference possibly.