Ccm issues

Good morning all,

i have just  bought a 2005 Superb Edition 100 pd130. 

The drive is amazing but I have some issues. 

The previous owner said he took out the ccm because of battery drain issues. The ccm is indeed in the glove box. Also the DX day nav unit was locked as it had lost its code somehow. Fortunately someone had written the code on top of the unit. After getting the radio to work again, the battery was flat the next morning. 

I have read about the fans of the unit staying on and draining the battery? 

Also, what are the symptoms when the ccm is disconnected?

thanks in advance for your help 

8 hours ago, Tatersalad said:

Also, what are the symptoms when the ccm is disconnected?

I assume you're talking about the Convenience Control Module which lives under the passenger seat carpet?

I'd imagine disconnecting this module will have the similar symptoms as a wet one, most notable no interior lights when doors are open (correct me if I'm wrong). Either way, this thread may be of use.

It might be worth checking underneath the carpets anyway, given that you've only just bought the car.

8 hours ago, Tatersalad said:

Also the DX day nav unit was locked as it had lost its code somehow. Fortunately someone had written the code on top of the unit. After getting the radio to work again, the battery was flat the next morning. 

I have read about the fans of the unit staying on and draining the battery? 

Couldn't comment on the DX system, as my car came with a different head-unit. Easiest way to check is to check whether the battery goes flat at a similar rate with the radio disconnected/fuse removed.

Good luck with your new ride.