Service advice

Wurzell

Hi I’ve today given Tasha’s 2014 citigo with 72k miles a service oil ,filter, air filter ,pollen filter and I’ve changed the spark plugs and i was advised to pull and hold the coil pack at a constant pressure and sure enough they all popped off without issue, I checked on euro car parts before I did the job in case I knackered the coil packs and I noticed they are on offer for a couple of days BBT 3 for £84 instead of £127 are these something that should be replaced every ? Years or just renew when they fail in other words do they have a life span, the air filter was still clean from its last service but the pollen filter was absolutely filthy with loads of bits in it, it had last been replaced 2 years ago according to the service book and receipts, I was advised to put dielectric grease on the enamel part of the spark plug when replacing so as to get a good conduction and hopefully to help when replacing the plugs again, all in all it’s been a very productive day and I’ve got some brownie points as well :biggrin: have a good one Paul n Tash 

• 2 weeks later...

I've only ever heard of them being replaced when they fail. They are basically an pair of coils to replace the old style ignition coil. As long as they are functioning correctly I would save my money, they aren't a wear item like a spark plug is.

• 3 months later...

Sparkplugs - what is the correct gap of the electrode?

(It is probably manufacturer dependent). 

I've bought some NGK, ZKER6A IOEG, which autodoc recommends for my Citigo from 2013 (engine - CHYA) - NGK also recommends them ☺️.

https://www.ngkntk.com/benelux/part-finder/produktfinder/PKW/ZK_BENZINER/SKODA/CITIGO/ZKER6A-10EG/13327/

They are preset with a 1mm gap - is this just plug´n´play? Or do i need to adjust it to something else?

I´ve read manuals from various online sold vendors, who shall remain nameless - they only specify the tightening torque of the sparkplug, one writes 22Nm, another 25Nm - and only one of these refer to the electrode gap, which is to be found in a maintenance booklet. This maintenance booklet i cannot find. 

So what did spark plugs did you use and what gap did you set them to?