Front bumper

Matmacka

Hello all im new to the forum. I recently brought a skoda fabia 3 57 plate, had front bumper damage. I have been looking and really like the look of the vrs front bumper as think the front end looks a bit ugly standard. So my question is would the vrs bumper fit without any issues. Got other jobs in mind like the grill in black (think its the monte carlo grill) not sure if this would fit either? 

Thanks

mat

The front bumper should fit but you might find you need different brackets, possibly. Be aware though, that after a certain date, the facelift version was introduced and that will be totally different as they had different headlights, bonnet, etc so there may be a whole lot of work to swap a later front end, if even possible! 

By grill in black, do you mean the chrome surround? They are often painted by owners, or wrapped but I think the older shape was made available by Superskoda or someone. They are most likely available used, on eBay so you might buy one, keep the chrome and either sell/add it to the sale of the car when that day arrives or just sell it to re-coup some of the costs. 

The Skoda 3 was a little higher spec so you should have a centre arm rest, along with a few other bits and bobs.

Hi thanks for the info, the car i seen the bumper on was a 2014 plate but looks like same shape as mine before the new one, yeah im on anout the chrome bit. Good advice and may look on either wrapping it or spraying, getting the new badges too as think they look more better. And yeah i do have arm rest although the lid is missing haha i have already spent lots of money getting it repaired as was a wreck but there was just something about this car and i had to have it. 

Thanks for info

I would think the 2014 model would almost certainly be a facelift model! Not to be confused with the mk3 Fabia, the facelift mk2 has different lights, slightly longer, different bonnet, slightly lower profile, different grill as lights are longer so grill will be shorter to accommodate...

To the uninitiated, they will look very similar, though. 

If you have projector headlights, look at the "Globe" For them. They will sit on the inside edge of the light unit. On a facelift, they sit on the outside of the unit edge. Subtle but noticeable.

Aahh i was making the mistake thinking a facelift just meant mk3, my guess its a facelift then as does look very smart. This is the one i like the look of, can u tell if its facelift or not thanks rOUjDXJ.jpg

If anybody has a front bumper off their car at the moment - could you tell me please if there are locations marked on the inside for parking sensors?

On rear bumper skins there are four embossed circles to denote the mounting positions for sensors.

Having a tighter-than-reasonable parking bay I would like to add switchable sensors to the front too.

Thanks in advance and hope it's not too much of a thread hijack.

T30