Fabia 2009 fit din2 radio 7" HELP!

ante3332

Hello fellow skoda owners, my 1st car is fabia 2009 and im interested in buying a 2din radio.

They are all 7" 10.3 cm in height 

I can fit the width no problem but qondering about the height mine is 10cm when mesured outside and 7cm inside.

here are the photos, please any experience and toughts are aprecciated

https://i.postimg.cc/858f1xsp/IMG-20190218-172844.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/gk5G88QS/IMG-20180729-101756.jpg

Just now, Brugernavn said:

you can pretty easily swap your 1 din part with a double din like every other Fabia, just get the parts off a breaker :)

Im probably gona do that just swap my console it seems easy to assemble :) you have the cutest profile photo :D

9 minutes ago, ante3332 said:

Im probably gona do that just swap my console it seems easy to assemble :) you have the cutest profile photo :D

I have never seen a fabia with 1din before, so random they would save money there!.

Thanks!, didnt know it updated on here when i changed it on facebook :giggle:

It looks like you do have a 2DIN hole. You need to get an adapter kit that fits in the hole using the screw holes either side and a cable harness that converts the skoda wiring to standard radio wiring. The biggest problem is then running the wire from a windscreen mounted DAB aerial to the radio. You mount the stick on aerial on the inside of the windscreen, next to the middle of the A pillar, run the wire down the side of the A pillar, it can be hidden. Then put it behind the dash. Take off the D shaped panel on the end of the dash, then pole the wire through until you see it through the radio hole. The connect every thing up and put the radio in and finish off with the surround to hide the 4 screws. If it doesn't work you may need to run a fused, live feed from the fuse box. DAB radio is great. I replaced my  Dance unit with a JVC KW-DB92BT its 50 Watts per channel and the quality of sound is excellent. The fitting procedure was outlined in the Skoda Owners Club magazine for spring 2018.