Strange alarm graphic

Karock

I am still getting to grips with driving my 2019 build 1.5TSI SEL but fortunately at 600 miles no evidence of the kangarooing.

I find the Adumsen  SatNav a PITA my old Garmin beats it on everything and is so much simpler to operate.

While driving today on a B road between stone walls the system beeped and in Red on the screen was a warning presumably about a narrow  passage, although there was plenty of room, enough for another car on the opposite lane to pass. Anyone else noticed this?

I could not find anything in the handbook.

Apart from that anomaly a very comfortable 170 mile trip.

Have just noticed in the on line manual that the alarm was:" Instrument cluster display: Advance warning or emergency braking at low speed. Strange as there appeared to be no reason for this.

Edited by Karock

Its your emergency brake coming on you can set the sensitivity in settings early medium or late it is sensing the wall  you will get used to the Amunsden try voice control (say navigation say enter postcode give full postcode without stopping)

Edited by skoda1982

1 hour ago, skoda1982 said:

Its your emergency brake coming on you can set the sensitivity in settings early medium or late it is sensing the wall  you will get used to the Amunsden try voice control (say navigation say enter postcode give full postcode without stopping)

Many thanks!

The emergency brake sensitivity was set to early so no doubt over sensitive. I will try the SatNav Voice control thanks also for that

Cheers

Paul

On 19/02/2019 at 21:25, Karock said:

Many thanks!

The emergency brake sensitivity was set to early so no doubt over sensitive. I will try the SatNav Voice control thanks also for that

Cheers

Paul

Hi everyone. This might have happened to me this afternoon. I had exited a roundabout and going down a 2 lane plus half hardshoulder on the inside lane. Other cars around but none dangerously close. Suddenly a red warning symbol taking up the whole of the area between the speedo and rpm dials. It stayed on for maybe 5 seconds. Best described as a car with 3) on the right and 3( on the left as well as above and below. Very scary in traffic. The car continued to function normally and I drove the 2 miles home without further incident. 

What is frustrating is that I am unable to find any reference to this in either of the online manuals I have. Please help. Monday I will call the dealer who might have an answer. I have more faith in you guys! 

42 minutes ago, Doogle69 said:

Hi everyone. This might have happened to me this afternoon. I had exited a roundabout and going down a 2 lane plus half hardshoulder on the inside lane. Other cars around but none dangerously close. Suddenly a red warning symbol taking up the whole of the area between the speedo and rpm dials. It stayed on for maybe 5 seconds. Best described as a car with 3) on the right and 3( on the left as well as above and below. Very scary in traffic. The car continued to function normally and I drove the 2 miles home without further incident. 

What is frustrating is that I am unable to find any reference to this in either of the online manuals I have. Please help. Monday I will call the dealer who might have an answer. I have more faith in you guys! 

43BAB51F-2A87-4698-BA7F-140072B86686.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kenny R said:

43BAB51F-2A87-4698-BA7F-140072B86686.jpeg

Many thanks for your fast response. Yes this is probably the warning that appeared but its annoying that it's not shown with all the other symbols in the book together. The page you published is numbered differently in the Karoq July and November 2018 books. Either way there should not have been any reason for it to have been activated. Some times driving modern cars can be unnecessarily stressful! 

Yes, it is quite disconcerting when it suddenly appears for no apparent reason.

As said above you can select " Early, Medium or Late" in Infotainment: Car: Front Assist: "Early ,Medium or Late"

On page 175/176 for later cars.

Mine worked the other day i was 4 cars back from traffic lights set off  and the car in front of me at least 3 car space had a car turn into him we were going straight on they were turning left as they collided his car (which by the way was a taxi Octavia) Mine applied the brakes to a stop without me doing anything the reaction time was far quicker than me 

Edited by skoda1982