2nd hand Skoda problem.

Kev627

5 hours ago, 2ndskoda said:

Kev627

Any further problem - reject the car without hesitation.

Don't worry, even the slightest murmur and it'll be going back!

UPDATE

On Thursday I phoned the dealer to find out what's happening with my car because the car was supposed to have gone in to Skoda garage on Monday to get the engine fixed. He was a little surprised by my call and somewhat vague in explaining why I hadn't heard anything and then he said he would phone them now and get an update. He phoned back 5 minutes later and was equally vague in his explantions as to what the Skoda garage have done so I thanked him and finished the call. It was clear he either had done nothing or had simply given the car to garage to sort and washed his hands of it.

On Friday whilst I was at work my wife phoned the Skoda garage direct and the man she spoke to was shocked by how long dealer had had my car for and what he'd told me had been done so far regarding booking car in and getting things looked at which was yet another big red flag. When I got home my wife told me all of this and that she'd had a look again on net for a Skoda and found a much better one for sale from reputable garage only 15 miles away for only a few hundred pounds more.

Saturday morning I phoned dealer and told him I want my money back, he said to give it until Monday but I told him I want my money back and we arranged for me to drop courtesy car off in the afternoon. I then phoned local garage to book a test drive on other Skoda and despite having the same sized engine as the first it was totally different and the trim level is 3 whereas other one was (barely) 1 so all in all I think I have done very well out of this!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rum4mo said:

You did get your money back before paying for the other car?

Yes, there weren't been any problems with this. I firmly believe he knew the car had problems right from when he acquired it and was hoping whoever bought it either thought they had caused problem and fixed it themselves or ignored it.

6 hours ago, Kev627 said:

Yes, there weren't been any problems with this. I firmly believe he knew the car had problems right from when he acquired it and was hoping whoever bought it either thought they had caused problem and fixed it themselves or ignored it.

That is good as normally supplying known duffish cars goes hand in hand with holding on to your money for another month or more!