Columbus mib1 several problems

Logixa

Hi everyone!

I need help with the problems I am facing and guessing it's related to my head unit.

So I bought an octavia 3 with Columbus mib1 unit. The problems started with a bad aerial reception on the FM and dab frequencies. I replaced the current window aerial with an aftermarket cheap one and the reception got a bit better. Before, It took several seconds for it to switch between radios, several seconds to switch from dab to FM and the FM would have static noise on it and bad reception. With the aftermarket one it got a bit better. 2 days ago I had an professional install the calearo aerial on the roof with dab/FM/am/GPS and it works better now. Switching is fast but the FM still has static noise for some reason.

Another problem I have is when connect my phone (OnePlus 6 or any other phone) to the unit with bluetooth, the streaming of music gives it crackle and in the sound quality. It's so bad that I just don't use the Bluetooth audio streaming anymore and just bought an second hand iPhone to use as an iPod with Spotify streaming. Even the iPhone gives on SOME songs a bit of crackle..

I've tried everything and the only thing I can think of is that the head unit is faulty/causing these problems.

Can someone please advice me on this? I am thinking of upgrading to an MIB2 unit with the display but I also need the other USB harness I think if I want carplay/Android auto to work but I cannot find the part anywhere.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, varooom said:

From me, main post here for detail

1 hour ago, varooom said:

Yes Varooom is a skoda wizard and I give credit. I also used https://mib-helper.com to get more details of current build version once I identified it.

There's also an upload of firmware and VAG files here but unless you know what version you need you can brick your unit pretty easily.

Depends what problem you are having and which version your system is.

Good luck.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, varooom said:

Ok thank you so much could you please help me out and send me the right directions I have been looking for a dealership near my place but no one can help me out, I currently have this thank you 

C219DAFD-C74F-4939-8EA8-24F38FA76F5F.jpeg

1 hour ago, pandacube said:

Ok thank you so much could you please help me out and send me the right directions I have been looking for a dealership near my place but no one can help me out, I currently have this thank you 

C219DAFD-C74F-4939-8EA8-24F38FA76F5F.jpeg

I shall send you a link to update this to 0412

• 10 months later...
On 02/05/2023 at 01:39, varooom said:

I shall send you a link to update this to 0412

Hi @varooom 

I have the same issue. would you please be able to share the link to 0412 as well please. I have the SW Train Version:  MHIG_RW_SK_P1055 

Thank you