Fabia greenline vs normal fabia shock absorbers

As you may or may not know, the Fabia greenline is 1.5cm lower than a standard Fabia.

I was wondering if the whole suspension was specific or if it was just a shorter spring. Just to know if you can lower your standard Fabia by installing greenline springs.

A Greenline had different profile tyres lowering it and the clearance was less because of under body covers.

Maybe just lower by using aftermarket lowering springs to suit the engine the car has which will cost less than OEM Greenline Springs or any OEM Springs.

Edited by Skoffski

I think its more then 1.5cm as thats hardly lowered! I think it was some 3 or 4cm (30or 40mm) it was lowered by, if memory serves...

The difference is noticeable, side by side to a pogo stick set up Fabia.

You could fit those Greenline springs and I think get away without any other mods but it will be mostly aesthetic rather then better road holding as you will have the same shocks. 

The different tyres, underbody covers, etc were mainly for lower rolling resistance, along with a re-ratio-ed gearbox, for better fuel economy. (Mostly noticeable on faster roads then town ones). 

The later Greenline two, along with a newer engine etc, also had a nice rear spoiler supposedly again, for better wind resistance. I want one for my Greenie 1!!

• Like 1

Official figures / Brochure figures were / are

Greenline II  1,484 mm high,  clearance 119 mm

Standard Fabia 1,498 mm high,  clearance 134 mm   

So 5 mm difference in clearance & 14 mm difference in height ground to roof.

vRS   1,492 mm high, clearance 129 mm   

Monte Carlo 1,493 mm high , clearance 129 mm

Edited by Skoffski

what kind of setup would you advise ? bilstein/eibach combo ? but won't that be too low ?

I'm mostly interested in the handling and the style is only a bonus

What about the Springs that were on TDI Monte Carlo, but they still looked like on stilts.  Someone might have un-used take offs for sale. 

The Dealer Fit option for a vRS / Monte Carlo were eibach springs.

I would go for Bilstein Springs and Dampers and a rear ARB.

?

What wheels / tyres are on your car?

You stated that you were interested in handling and looks were secondary...

To that, changing only the springs would be pointless. The dampers will offer better shock absorption, etc while lower springs will help grip, too. Between them, they will look nicer but singularly, you are going off half-cocked! 

Clearly, any new, better quality spring oR shock will result in a nicer ride but married together and also, with the RARB, as mentioned, the car will handle much nicer then stock set ups. You will almost certainly have to get the tracking  checked and re-set, too afterwards.

Slightly bigger wheels often get fitted too, to make the aesthetics of the wheel arch gap look nicer. Personally, I find my 15" wheels on lowered springs, to be nice without looking modded and overdone. Perhaps 16"'s but bigger is not always better!

Oh, and larger wheels with lower profile tyres will lower the fuel economy and feel harsher over rough road surfaces.