So this is my first car, I had it for just under 2 years until I wrote it off into a wall. I loved this car so much I decided to buy it back off the insurance and repair it myself, upgrading along the way.

List of damaged parts:

front chassis legs 

Both head lights

Both fogs

bonnet 

front bumper 

front splitter

offside wing 

offside brake disk (the bottom arm popped out of its joint and went straight through the disk)

offside bottom arm 

offside driveshaft 

offside steering arm

offside strut and knuckle 

aircon pipes 

drive belt 

Divers steering wheel and seat side air bag

passenger airbag

bent rear axle 

2 offside alloys 

E749E176-4453-47C8-A322-8D7C9BA0B13A.thumb.png.ac726f759286ef3716e074aa8372ed8c.png6239E8BA-CBBC-4FB1-AC97-F69C57FF3049.thumb.jpeg.b7453b0421e0a918b5bbb540ca5a4726.jpeg7CCEE14B-A2F7-41D5-A6A2-A6DAABD932FE.thumb.jpeg.d60d6df4ba84be8c51e4e41fb3bdca74.jpeg

I started off with replacing the rear axle. These come standard with drum brakes which I think look a bit crap, so knowing that the Audi A1 (which has disks on the back) was on the same chassis as the Monte I took some measurements and made sure an A1 axel would fit and sure enough everything matched up. 

When it came to installing, it was as easy as slotting it up and bolting it in. I replaced the stock disks and pads with Mintex drilled and grooved disks and pads. This is an awesome and easy upgrade and I would highly recommend. 

While I had the axle hanging down I bought some h&r 40mm lowering springs to install.

3CBAA7B0-36BE-41F8-B2DA-B853F4E02EA4.jpeg

62F3D446-8377-4B07-8119-BD9009AF292B.jpeg

2 hours ago, AMD87 said:

It’s had a new turbo for almost a year now. 

I haven’t looked in a while, what you’ve done looks pretty cool. How much are those pilots meant to be? I’ve been looking for a decent set.