GiantWookiee's Mk3 Octavia vRS TDI

GiantWookiee

Hey...welcome and thanks for checking out the progress thread for my 2015 Mk3 Octavia vRS TDI!

Having grown up with Nissan's and VW's I never really entertained any other cars outside of those 2 manufacturers until I brought myself a Mk1 Seat Leon Cupra R 225 which I think opened my eyes to other cars under the VAG banner. After that LCR finally gave up the ghost I picked up a 2015 Mk3 Octavia vRS TDI in Novemeber 2018 with 36k on her and so far I have loved it and havent looked back!

I wont lie I did have some initial reservations about getting a Skoda, which was largely down to their chequered past and badge snobbery, but I can hand on heart say it was honestly unfounded and Skoda are not what they once were. I am most defintely converted!

So.....progress on the vRS has been somewhat slow so far due mainly to me wanting to try and undertake everything myself, or at least give it a try, and the only place I have available to do so is my drive and with the weather over the last few months being grim that has been far from appealing. Spring however is defintely is on its way so hopefully over the next few months this will most defintely change.

As the weather has been stunning today I managed to get out and give the vRS a good clean and used the opportunity to get a couple of nice pictures of her (nearly bottoming her out driving into the field though!)

Octavia-v-RS-Corrected-Photo-1.jpg

Octavia-v-RS-Corrected-Photo-2.jpg

Plans for the next couple of months/remainder of the year are as follows:-

• Remap (prefer remap over tuning box)
  • Cat Back Exhaust
  • Lowered Suspension/Coilovers (undecided yet)
  • 19 inch wheels (undecided on which yet)
  • Couple of cosmetic changes

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of little updates to the RS.

I ordered some new badges from Superskoda as after seeing their Skoda emblems in Monte Carlo back and body colour I knew I wanted a set of these for the RS. I undecided on what to go for with the vRS badges as wasnt keen on the plain black Monte Carlo black ones, whch would have gone incely with the Skoda emblems so instead I opted for some vRS 245 badges with the black V rather than grey.

IMG-20190405-123245.jpg

I loved the Skoda emblems but upon seeing these along side the vRS badges I wasnt convinced the silver of the vRS badges and the black of the Skoda emblems worked together so I relented and ordered some front and rear Monte Carlo black vRS badges from Superskoda.

When these turned up (no photo I'm afraid) I set about removing the front vRS badge on the front of the car only to find that once it was removed the marks left on the grill weren't covered by the Superskoda version due to the room required for the threaded rod passing through the grill. Not one to be defeated I managed to utilise parts of the old removed badge and glued the new one on only to find it looked lost on the grill and not what I was wanting so it came back off.

I was therefore left in a limbo of wanting the best of both worlds  - the colour of the normal vRS badge but the black of the Monte Carlo one which I dont believe I can get so I thought b#####ks to it and set about making my own!

IMG-20190414-174537.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the results although if was being super picky I would say its not 100% perfect but then it was done by measuring then cutting free hand rather than using a template. When I get around to fitting them to the car I will post some photos .

Edited by GiantWookiee
Typo correction
  • Like 1