Tow Bar

Hi

Ok i  know there is a thread on this however i have a 2018 Octavia vrs 245 estate and want to have a detachable tow bar fitted. I am up against a brick wall skoda uk do not make one for this model although it took a lot of convincing my dealer said that they could not get one! i phoned 5 dealers and visited one to find this out that this was not the case! it has a black pack fitted and this seems to be an issue? They say the rear bumper is different? I have phoned one independent and they say one can be fitted although others i have phoned sat it cannot! Has anyone else had this problem recently ? i did have someone in the trade booked to fit it but called me to say none of the top manufactures could supplied one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Has it got a towing rating plate?

It might need some butchering of your bumper and a fitter willing to have a go with appropriate indemnity against issues, if the black pack hasn't been designed with tow bar in mind.

It has towing specs in the owners manual . I am taking it over to a reputable towing centre tomorrow for them to take a look but they are pretty confident they can fit one.  Will post the result. Cheers

Just now, BRISKTOM said:

It has towing specs in the owners manual . I am taking it over to a reputable towing centre tomorrow for them to take a look but they are pretty confident they can fit one.  Will post the result. Cheers

There should be a data plate on the drivers side door B pillar. The manual will cover all Octavias, so wouldn't be specific to yours.