Apple car play

When I play music from iTunes on apple car play I get glitches in the music they only last for a second or less and maybe as many as 3or4 per track. Has anybody had this problem. I’ve looked on several forums and there does appear to be some problems with this.

On 04/04/2019 at 15:37, no1storekeeper said:

When I play music from iTunes on apple car play I get glitches in the music they only last for a second or less and maybe as many as 3or4 per track. Has anybody had this problem. I’ve looked on several forums and there does appear to be some problems with this.

Yes, I've just responded to my own thread on the matter. It was taken in yesterday, the dealership have heard it first-hand and have raised a technical enquiry for Skoda to respond to. 

Mine is the Swing radio (I believe they've done away with the Bolero on the 2019 Fabias) and only occurs through CarPlay, regardless of phone (though I've not tried with Android, admittedly), cable, etc. 

Happened twice in a 1 minute period in front of them. For what it's worth, I don't get any other issues through radio, bluetooth etc. 

Your signature says Fabia mk2, is this still the case?

Hi. I have my Fabia Mk3 booked in on Thurs of this week to my main dealer to look at this problem. I suspect I will get the same answer as you have. They have acknowledged verbally that there is a problem with Apple Car Play. If I play iTunes or Spotify on Bluetooth on the Media side there is no problem with the music at all. I have the Infotainment Swing in my car. I hope this may be of help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, no1storekeeper said:

Hi. I have my Fabia Mk3 booked in on Thurs of this week to my main dealer to look at this problem. I suspect I will get the same answer as you have. They have acknowledged verbally that there is a problem with Apple Car Play. If I play iTunes or Spotify on Bluetooth on the Media side there is no problem with the music at all. I have the Infotainment Swing in my car. I hope this may be of help.

Let us know how it goes - I know a few people have mentioned it. At least it'll be logged, even if the same answer is given. Likewise, no issue with Bluetooth here regardless of music platform. However, regardless of sound platform, I get issues through CarPlay (podcasts, phone calls, spotify...etc.).

I wonder if any with the Amundsen radio are experiencing/have experienced similar issues.