Doble sided mounting for Dash Cam

My Dash cam has just decided to fall off the screen. I have cleaned the double sided tape off and remounted with the cvacuum mount but this is less than ideal.

When I used this mount before it dropped off regularly as the sun changed the pressure in the vacuum and it's a bt larger than the stuck on unit.

I've looked at replacement mounts but they seem a bit pricey for what you get so thought I might try to use double sided adhesive. 

Has anyone tried this and do you have any recommendations for the most secure tape?

Most glues / tapes will soften (or even melt) in the sun with the risk of falling if stuck to the windscreen...

If you have no option but to use sticky tape then it is not a bad idea to use a small tie (maybe a piece of thread) to tie it to the rear view mirror.

At least then if it falls it is less likely to get damaged / broken (hopefully).

Thanks Tilt

I had this problem when I started using the vacuum sticker and saw a post explaining why (because of the heat leaching out the air) which was why I favoured the glued option.

This has worked for about a year despite being parked in the sun for 2 weeks when on holiday. 

I think the glue patch began to fail as the camera was hit on a number of occasions by the sun visor.

I have already ensured it doesn't come crashing to the floor by looping the cable round te mirror stalk and as the cable also feeds from under the head lining I'm fairly confident.

A good idea of yours though which may enable me to do a neater job.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Parsnipthecat said:

Thanks Tilt

I had this problem when I started using the vacuum sticker and saw a post explaining why (because of the heat leaching out the air) which was why I favoured the glued option.

It's a vacuum (almost) so it's air getting in that causes it to release..............so whoever mentioned heat leaching out the air was talking nonsense

This has worked for about a year despite being parked in the sun for 2 weeks when on holiday. 

I think the glue patch began to fail as the camera was hit on a number of occasions by the sun visor.

I have already ensured it doesn't come crashing to the floor by looping the cable round te mirror stalk and as the cable also feeds from under the head lining I'm fairly confident.

A good idea of yours though which may enable me to do a neater job.

Thanks.

You could try a tiny smear of good quality clear silicone on the vacuum sticker before you stick it to the screen, making sure the screen is clean and dry before attaching, and try and keep pressed in place whilst the silicone goes off. (so it doesn't let any air in)

This should do the trick although may look a little untidy if seen from outside, but shouldn't really be that noticeable.

I don't like sticking stuff to inside of screen personally but if no other option........