"Single Door" option ignores me most the time

Okay so I have my car set to "single door" unlock on the stereo... thing is, 70-80% of the time it seems to always unlock all doors!? Its easy to tell, as I can hear the drivers door unlock then a split second later I hear the rest. Odd thing is if I lock it, then unlock it with a single press only the drivers door unlocks like it should and the rest are locked. It seems to happen more often when I haven't been near the car for a while then first unlock all doors and boot unlock. I feel like I must be missing something? I'm just doing a short single press on the unlock button nothing else. My car has keyless start, if that makes a difference to its behaviour (like when it hasn't detected the key yet).

Edited by Confused_Cheese

5 minutes ago, Confused_Cheese said:

Okay so I have my car set to "single door" unlock on the stereo... thing is, 70-80% of the time it seems to always unlock all doors!? Its easy to tell, as I can hear the drivers door unlock then a split second later I hear the rest. Odd thing is if I lock it, then unlock it with a single press only the drivers door unlocks like it should and the rest are locked. It seems to happen more often when I haven't been near the car for a while then first unlock all doors and boot unlock. I feel like I must be missing something? I'm just doing a short single press on the unlock button nothing else. My car has keyless start, if that makes a difference to its behaviour (like when it hasn't detected the key yet).

I've worked out it seems to remember it's previous thing, if you last did a double press, it will unlock all doors the next time you unlock, whether it's a single or double press.

Not particularly tried "all doors" setting so can't confirm anything with that though.

Maybe all doors always open all doors with a single press no matter what and the single is just a hybrid?

Hmm that doesn't seem true for me, seems to be more related to how long its been since it was locked, or maybe even how far away the key was taken between unlocks. Its really odd and can't figure it out. When it unlocks all it makes two distinct unlock sounds, like I double pressed the key fast.

Just now, Confused_Cheese said:

Hmm that doesn't seem true for me, seems to be more related to how long its been since it was locked, or maybe even how far away the key was taken between unlocks. Its really odd and can't figure it out. When it unlocks all it makes two distinct unlock sounds, like I double pressed the key fast.

If i double pressed to unlock all doors, the next time, even if i only press 1 time, it opens all doors.

But if i only single pressed, even if it actually unlocked all doors, the next time if i press once again, it only opens 1 door, if i continue only pressing once, it only opens 1 door.

Double press opens all doors every time. Single press opens all doors, if previously you did a double press, but only 1 door if you pressed once previously.

something like this; (i'm that tired right now, and should definitely sleep, so its probably easier to look at a picture than try read my half conscious drivel lol)

image.png.cf61f57fb0f11bc380cc851599414d21.png

I'm not sure thats the behaviour i'm seeing. After unlocking with a single press (which unlocked all the doors) I drove to sainsburys, locked.... after shopping when I unlocked it still opened all the doors. I locked it, then unlocked it... only the drivers door was unlocked :thinking: Really don't get it.

The reciever needs reprogramming to male from female mode if you are being ignored most of the time :D

• Like 1

Infuriating behaviour. Are you using the same key ever time? If you are, try using the other key and set the option again. 

I believe the setting is key dependant and the dodgy key may have 'dirty' button contacts that's causing an intermittent double action when pressed. 

Tried both keys, same random behaviour. If I lock then unlock it works fine each time after until I'm away from the car for a while then 9/10 times all doors unlock :wacko: I feel it's trolling me. Light only comes on once.

Set it to all doors, now they all unlock once, without the mini delay inbetween. This makes me think it's picking up a double press like you say, been pressing it as quick as I can

Hmm interesting, beginning to think its something weird with the half kessy setup on mine... keyless start, no keyless entry. It's probably some odd software bug, as if i keep locking and unlocking its flawless, its only after its been locked for a minute or two. Thinking its maybe unlock, car detects the key and thinks oh crap i need to unlock and does it again :wacko:

Mentioned it to the dealer and they don't know what might be causing it, so they're having it in for the day to take a look. Its under an approved warranty still.

• 4 weeks later...

So the dealers have had a look at it a couple of times now. Both times they've reset the central locking module with with vcds and the most recent time they disconnected the battery for a while too so I was told. They had it for a couple of days and tested it a bunch of times and it worked. Today, it's doing the same thing again for me :sadsmile:  The first time it was in, they told me the ECU was set to all doors even though the infotainment system was set to single door?

Not sure whether to get them to take another look or just live with it. More of an annoyance than a real problem, more worried its the sign something else is wrong (sensor or part of the ecu that controls this) and it'll cause issues later.

I’ve managed to sort mine by using the sensor on the inside of the door handle to unlock. I was touching the outside one to unlock and that would randomly unlock just the driver door or all four. I have coded mine to auto lock when all doors are closed so I don’t have to touch it when leaving.

Edited by Dannyboy85

10 minutes ago, Dannyboy85 said:

I’ve managed to sort mine by using the sensor on the inside of the door handle to unlock. I was touching the outside one to unlock and that would randomly unlock just the driver door or all four. I have coded mine to auto lock when all doors are closed so I don’t have to touch it when leaving.

Hmmm I have key-less start but not key-less entry, so I don't have sensors on the doors at all. I still have a feeling its something kessy related that's making it happen as its so random... but who knows.

3 minutes ago, Confused_Cheese said:

Hmmm I have key-less start but not key-less entry, so I don't have sensors on the doors at all. I still have a feeling its something kessy related that's making it happen as its so random... but who knows.

Yes, mine is still random unlocking with the key sometimes needs two presses to unlock all doors. 

Interesting, the tech at the dealers said he had it open only one door when the car was set to all doors... i thought he'd got confused as I'd reported the opposite, all doors opening when on single door. Maybe its sketchy on both settings on some cars :thinking: 

• 1 month later...

Big thanks to Faintree Skoda for persisting with it. After checking with Skoda technical a couple of times they swapped out whichever ECU controlled the central locking (and apparently the lights, wipers and a bunch of other stuff) and over the last couple of weeks the cars unlocked like its supposed to each time 👍

• Like 1

• 3 months later...