Upgrading to inbuilt Navigation

Phone with live traffic information from Google is far, far more useful than a built-in unit. If you live in a traffic disaster zone such as Bristol it's literally a life saver. About ten minutes per day by my reckoning. 

I need some help i know this is about radio but i have problem with my car a 17 plate  dsg with only 38000 .it making a noise when i start the car but moving the noise will despair but stop at light or a juction the noise will come back till i start to move again

2 hours ago, Ballays said:

I need some help i know this is about radio but i have problem with my car a 17 plate  dsg with only 38000 .it making a noise when i start the car but moving the noise will despair but stop at light or a juction the noise will come back till i start to move again

Might be worth a post somewhere else in the forum @Ballays

3 hours ago, Ballays said:

Take it to a dealer...? 

12 hours ago, Ballays said:

does it sound like an exhaust noise?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ballays said:

... making a noise when i start the car but moving the noise will despair but stop at light or a juction the noise will come back till i start to move again

I get the same problem with a whining noise that comes from the passenger seat area. It persists when the car is moving, but also when we are out of the car, and even in the house! So far the only respite I get is when I am asleep (and I suspect it may still be going even then). 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TDIum said:

I get the same problem with a whining noise that comes from the passenger seat area. It persists when the car is moving, but also when we are out of the car, and even in the house! So far the only respite I get is when I am asleep (and I suspect it may still be going even then). 

Did you buy (marry) instead of option to buy (engagement) ?

Yes I'm talking about the passenger seat occupant !!!

On 07/04/2019 at 13:43, Peeler said:

Hi mabl28 - it sounds unusual for a vRS not to have navigation? 

My 65 plate doesnt have nav either, not that I miss it, I prefer stand alone on the weendscreen anyway, you don't need to take your eyes so far away from the road to see the directions.

• 9 months later...
On 08/04/2019 at 10:12, JohnnyType2 said:

i have a full MIB2 amundsen HU with Android Auto/Apple Carplay, Navigation and 8" flat screen for sale very soon, nowhere near the £1200 price tag, all functions are enabled by Pawel and CP is removed. the screen has a very small line not even noticable therefore im selling it at half the price. I'm running it at the moment and there are pics on my sub build thread if you are interested. It owes me £600 but i would take £500. this is for both the HU and flat screen which includes a tempered glass protector,

20181106_085009.thumb.jpg.7f8440dc1bc55b941cc06eef14971ed6.jpg20181106_083940.thumb.jpg.a6d034fa5fde60a43399bd7b766f682e.jpg20181106_084041.thumb.jpg.e726aed9e544826e649cade7b021422b.jpg 

how do you watch video on AA ?