Mirrors with auto dimming - retrofit ?

Hello guys,

Recently I had a small incident with my Octavia MK2 and I just bought 2 outside mirrors with auto dimming. Problem is that my car doesn't have this type of mirrors as standard, so I want to make a retrofit, install them and activate. 

From what I understand I will need to connect those mirrors to the interior rearview mirror which is with auto dimming, rain and light sensor.

Does anyone know how to do that? Or does anyone have some electrical data sheet about those wires from the interior mirror?

I will attach some photos to understand much better.

P.S. that small connector with 2 cables need to be connected to the interior mirror because I don't have the original connector on the door panel like in the 2nd photo.

Thank you.

1.jfif

2.jfif

3.jfif

On 09/04/2019 at 06:55, Yoyuuu said:

I just bought 2 outside mirrors with auto dimming.

Would you tell where you got them and for how much, please?

13 minutes ago, StickyMicky said:

Would you tell where you got them and for how much, please?

From ebay.de with 100 euro both of them with transportation via DHL  to Romania because now I leave here.

I guess the guy doesn't know what he actually sells because I found on the internet only one mirror glass with auto-dimming with about 70 euro so, lucky me :D

Now I need to make the connections from the exterior mirrors to the interior one and they will work simultaneously when the button is pressed, this will cost me around 50 pounds.

If you want I can give you the electrical diagram if you decide to do this retrofit.

3 minutes ago, Yoyuuu said:

Now I need to make the connections from the exterior mirrors to the interior one and they will work simultaneously when the button is pressed, this will cost me around 50 pounds.

If you want I can give you the electrical diagram if you decide to do this retrofit

Am I missing something here? My autodimming interior mirror is on all the time?

And yes, please, to the electrical diagram/s.

22 minutes ago, Yoyuuu said:

If your mirror is like this one, there is a button on the bottom side, when you press the button a green led will turn on and the auto-dimming feature is activated.

Attached you can find the electrical diagram.

Duh! Seen the led, never noticed the switch:(

Thanks for the diagram.