Grille

I'm looking to black wrap the chrome grille on the front of my Skoda to tie it in with the rest of the black parts of my car. Any suggestions who to use? Or just replace the grille.

Screenshot_20190414-155238.png

I bought some 3M matte black wrap on eBay for about £10( 2M by 30CM which was plenty once I cut it into 4 strips). I decided to to it DIY on the cheap incase I didn't like the look.

Wrapped it on the car myself in about an hour/hour and a half one evening after work. Really easy to do with a bit of patience. It's a bit rough around the edges (I didn't use a heat gun and got a crease in it too!) but I like it enough to consider getting it done professionally once I find somewhere local.

You could probably also use black PVC electrical tape if you want a really cheap DIY job!

Hope that helps!

Hello WolfyWesty thank you for your reply. I'll investigate your solution. I've seen a replacement grille on Superskoda but at £70 seems expensive for a piece of plastic. Thank you.

It is expensive but it's not just black plastic, it's painted using the colour black magic so it's sparkly. Mmm sparkly :D

I did mine last year but waited until Superskoda had a 20% weekend so got it for £54ish

It made a huge difference to the front end of the car

I've put a rough guide somewhere in another thread but you can do it yourself no problem. Probably better to wait until it gets a bit warmer outside and be prepared to lose some of the skin on your fingers. It took maybe 20 minutes once I had worked out what I needed to do as I was going

I've heard that you can remove it without damaging the old one but I just went in and broke all of the clips with a pair of pliers to get it off as i wasn't going to be needing it again

On 15/04/2019 at 17:24, Delberthot said:

I did mine last year but waited until Superskoda had a 20% weekend so got it for £54ish

Hi Delberthot, 

I have a vinyl wrapped one but now I want a sparkly one! 

Is there a particular time of year superskoda have these sales or is it just a case of keep checking the site?