Switch Assembly removal - Start Stop

SimonAudi

Hi

Anyone removed the switch assembly that is fitted on the Karoq (Kodiak version below)

I want to fit a permanent off switch (does not need to be actuated) - using a small circuit from ebay.. but can not see how to get this out to gain access to the wires.

I can get the panel below the switches (above the phone box) and the AC facia panel off... but can not see how to get these out..

I suspect a special tool is needed that presses all the 4 tabs you can see in the picture (But that is a guess)

Anyone done it and care to share?

#I know alternatively VCDS can be used to raise a voltage to trick the system... but thought this was a good way...  just saves me remembering to hit the off button as it latches to the last state.... and leaves no trace in the software.

THANKS

Picture 1 of 2

image.thumb.png.e92b658d24e65138024b2c52bd416dc0.png