Steel to alloys question

andyscooter

Just bought a fabia on a 2013 plate 

Unfortunately it has steel wheels and hubcaps 

I want to change them for alloys 

Is it as simple as just swapping as I also have a metro and had to change the wheel nuts on that when it was done 

Also does it make much difference using 15 or 16 inch wheels 

Thanks on advance for any advice 

The Alloy Wheels if Skoda / VW Group of the correct size and fit should be fine with the wheel bolts you have on for the steel wheels.

(Same as a car with Alloys then uses that bolts when the Spare Steel Wheel is fitted.)

Be sure to Declare to your insurer the change to Alloy Wheels from the standard steel wheels, if steel wheels were standard fit for your Fabia.

Hopefully no extra charge with them saying the car is more desirable to car thieves or wheel thieves.

The difference of 15 or 16" rims is what tyres you are going to have on to keep the circumference correct.

http://kouli.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

?

What Wheels and Tyre size is on the car now, and which spec of Mk2 Fabia is your car?

?

Is the Fabia 1.2 Silverline (wifes)  another car that you have?    Fabia Mk1 to 2007!

Edited by Skoffski

Wife's car has long since gone but was wife's 

Not sure what mine are as bought car yesterday and collect it Friday and like a div forgot to check on wheel size

Only a basic model I think but better then my ford that is playing up