Drive mode memory

I've come to the Kodiaq from a Superb and I'm sure that the drive mode setting was retained when I got back in the car on the Superb.

Seems to forget each time on the Kodiaq and I have to select it manually.

Makes no difference what mode I'm in when I set the mirror/seat position, it always defaults back to normal.

Is this correct?

As I understand it, yes, the car forgets the mode when you turn off.  Unless, that is, you have the special set of keys which allow each key to remember the associated driver’s settings.

No - I think as standard - the key records the settings (Karoq - Edition) but there is also an option of a 3rd key and personalisation that can be selected from the screen.

So say - you use just 1 key - but 2 drivers

If you have selected the optional personalisation - when you unlock car and get in - you can select which driver - irrespective of the key.

I do not have that optional personalisation - just the keys (2) - so we use both keys - one for me and one for wife - the car recognises which key - moves seat, adjusts ambient lighting and mirrors and probably other things if you have set them.. in accordance to the key when you unlock the car.

As above,  check the set up screen to see if Auto or Manual selection is in use.

I do have the 3 key option and my mode stays the same each time I enter the car - with same key each time obviously.

It does always display “Driver1” when I switch on, but I don’t have to confirm if I don’t want to as it fades away automatically.

Anyone else comment?

I have no relevant selection in the on-screen menus, and when this subject came up in the past, everyone seemed to agree that the Kodiaq forgets the mode, unless you have the key personalisation.

Simon’s car is a Karoq, which may well be different, and Boxer does have the personalisation.  Has anyone without the personalisation and with a Kodiaq managed to get it to remember the mode?

All that seems to be about seats and mirrors, rather than drive modes, though.

If a car doesn’t have electric seats (and therefore doesn’t have multiple mirror memories), but does have selectable drive modes - a typical SEL in other words - can the drive modes be remembered?

I have a Kodiaq without personalisation. It always remembers the mode, with the caveat that the gearbox will always default to “normal” on restart, regardless of whether the car is normal, sport, eco or individual. 

9 minutes ago, MrTrilby said:

I have a Kodiaq without personalisation. It always remembers the mode, with the caveat that the gearbox will always default to “normal” on restart, regardless of whether the car is normal, sport, eco or individual. 

Yes, mine does that.