Electrical Parts looking to buy

Hi,

Does anyone know where to buy car relays and strip-fuses from the same place? Does it have to be the official VAG group one or can I go to my local car parts store and buy a generic one from there? Finally will generic ones cause any problems or compatibility issues and which known brands shall I avoid and if is there any quality concerns from china if I buy chinese electrical parts?

8 hours ago, marfrohun said:

You should be able to find generic relays etc in parts stores of you're in a hurry, make sure you get somebody that knows what a relay is though.

Ok cool so these generic universal ones I assume are fine to use? A generic 100 relay will be the same quality as a 100 relay from a skoda dealership?

9 hours ago, very452001 said:

Ok cool so these generic universal ones I assume are fine to use? A generic 100 relay will be the same quality as a 100 relay from a skoda dealership?

I know that here in NZ our stores stock Narva in terms of relays. It will differ on where you are. A relay is just an electronically operate switch so there isn't a whole lot to it. Just make sure the relay has the correct pin arrangement, amperage, and look at the diagram on the side and make sure it's 'normally open' if your current one is normally open it vice versa.

For Briskoda parts (Listers)

1. Compose a new email to "[email protected]"

2. State your registration and the part(s) you need. You really need to send your registration number, lots of cars, options!

3. Press Send.

Or for Horton Skoda (theskodashop)

phone 01522508650

and ask for the skodashop guy (which in reality is their parts dept but with discounts) they can work off reg. no.

If skoda-parts.com (Cz) is cheaper, use them, postage is only €9 to the UK, delivery in 3 or so working days. You can submit queries by email or phone them up, they speak English remember to have a VIN number on hand to ensure the correct parts are looked up.

And if you just want one relay, why not try phoning your local Skoda dealer for a price?

Simples

On 20/04/2019 at 13:23, xman said:

For Briskoda parts (Listers)

1. Compose a new email to "parts@briskoda.net"

2. State your registration and the part(s) you need. You really need to send your registration number, lots of cars, options!

3. Press Send.

Or for Horton Skoda (theskodashop)

phone 01522508650

and ask for the skodashop guy (which in reality is their parts dept but with discounts) they can work off reg. no.

If skoda-parts.com (Cz) is cheaper, use them, postage is only €9 to the UK, delivery in 3 or so working days. You can submit queries by email or phone them up, they speak English remember to have a VIN number on hand to ensure the correct parts are looked up.

And if you just want one relay, why not try phoning your local Skoda dealer for a price?

Simples

Ok I thought relays are general car items like engine oil where every local auto parts store stock them. The responses here make me assume it's not a common item and requires special order just for 1 small relay.