1.8T Big Turbo Upgrade Question

Ive noticed a lot of turbo kits market themselves as being for the Audi TT 225 and the Cupra. Why are they never listed as compatible with the Octavia vRS (180), is the issue that they would not fit in between the engine and firewall?

This one for example, or a K04 Hybrid. I've love to go down this route but nothing ever seems to work for the octavia lol

• Like 1

There have been many variations of that engine over the years. That kit is for a BAM engine which was never fitted to the Octavia so its not going to be listed as fitting that car regardless of whether you could make it fit or not.

You can make it fit though, plenty have fitted that turbo in Golfs/leons/ibiza/octys etc.

Edited by SuperbTWM
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SuperbTWM said:

There have been many variations of that engine over the years. That kit is for a BAM engine which was never fitted to the Octavia so its not going to be listed as fitting that car regardless of whether you could make it fit or not.

You can make it fit though, plenty have fitted that turbo in Golfs/leons/ibiza/octys etc.

Thanks, that’s good to know! Other than that, in regards to a manifold, could I use one for a Passat, or a Cupra R for example?

Edited by sakta

1 hour ago, john2017 said:

Jabbasport used to sell an IHI kit which I think was a bit more flexible and produced more power the gt28/ garett kits.

Sounds good but im on the smallest budget imaginable, so I want to get a cheap Chinese kit lol, not expecting it to last 100k miles

The best I've found is a Frankenturbo clone for £500 with a downpipe and manifold, I'm just worried it won't fit because its for the S3 :( Else, I've found a couple used hybrid turbos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 26/04/2019 at 22:37, SuperbTWM said:

Hi could I please ask if you went ahead with this turbo upgrade, I'm going through the same at moment, looking at KO4 064 and manifold, downpipe etc etc. 

Keen to know .

Regards.