Milltek Exhaust for Mk2 Octavia vRS

I have to say that the booming that has been experienced has definately lessened now that the system has 'bedded in'. If you decide on a performance exhaust then I suppose one of the drawbacks is you will get some noise intrusion into the cabin although I've pretty much got used to it now.

I have to say that the booming that has been experienced has definately lessened now that the system has 'bedded in'. If you decide on a performance exhaust then I suppose one of the drawbacks is you will get some noise intrusion into the cabin although I've pretty much got used to it now.

Are Milltek having a look at yours Steve, because Kate mentioned it to me so I was going to hold off pending their findings :D

Are Milltek having a look at yours Steve, because Kate mentioned it to me so I was going to hold off pending their findings :D

Looks like there maybe a problem with the back box, a small crack seems to have appeared :eek: .

Still waiting to here from Milltek, but I promise to report back shortly. (It's lovely being a Guinea Pig ain't it!).

Looks like there maybe a problem with the back box, a small crack seems to have appeared :eek: .

False alarm, turns out that that the rear bracket had worked itself loose and had 'blown' some soot down to the rear silencer.

Have now booked myself in to Milltek on the 19th October so should have some answers pretty soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Report from Visit to Milltek 19/10/06

Well it's not all good news I'm affraid :( . Despite trying an new centre section (which seemed to make it worse!) then additional baffling between the cat and centre section (very slight improvement) and finally a small additional silencer behind the back box (again only a marginal improvement) so it's back to the drawing board for Milltek.

Milltek were very good and tried everything they could to try and rectify the booming issue but despite all their efforts it really isn't any different than before I went this morning. On the plus side, Milltek have promissed to get another car in for further development and hope to release the revised version before Christmas so watch this space.........again!.

How does the Leon/Golf exhaust differ then?:confused:

I'm not quite sure, but we did discuss this and couldn't really come up with a conclusive answer. I had a go in Dan's Seat Leon last week and it is significantly quieter than mine :confused: , too quiet in fact and I was begining to wonder whether there was a Milltek system on there at all until I saw the logo on the tail pipes ;) .

Apparantly the Octy is very similar to the Jetta but they manufacture a different system for that so that!. I believe that will be the first thing they try when they manage to get hold of another development car.

• 1 month later...

Apparently 'booming' issues have been resolved. Having a new one fitted on Friday :thumbup: (will let you know in due course as to the difference).

Must be honest though, I've got used to mine burbling away....................I'll miss her :D

Apparently 'booming' issues have been resolved. Having a new one fitted on Friday :thumbup: (will let you know in due course as to the difference).

Must be honest though, I've got used to mine burbling away....................I'll miss her :D

Is this a new full system gratis to resolve the issues?

I was looking to convert mine to full turbo back but can't get an answer relating to the new system? (as in - is it newly developed, does it solve booming and will they replace the lot or just add a new front pipe + cat)

I have done 4k in mine now (since the catback) and mine is as noisy as my triumph when on full chat ........ it's got progresively noisier over the mileage, not good imho

would be nice to know what's going on with milltek :)

I believe so, although I'm not sure if it's the whole lot or just the cat-back!. Will let you know more on Friday :thumbup:

Makefish mate, any news on the exhaust?

I heard from a Honda user (Civic R) that the Miltek Exhaust are known for motorway speed ear crushing noise at 3K Rev-4K rev.

Is the new exhaust any better?

Makefish mate, any news on the exhaust?

I heard from a Honda user (Civic R) that the Miltek Exhaust are known for motorway speed ear crushing noise at 3K Rev-4K rev.

Is the new exhaust any better?

If you read from post #21 onwards it should give you a better idea as to what has been going on.

I believe so, although I'm not sure if it's the whole lot or just the cat-back!. Will let you know more on Friday :thumbup:

be interesting to see how you get on then mate, I was thinking of going to jkm for the "upgrade" on the 21st dec, got a price :) but no reply to my mail about the resolution to booming.

it is getting frustrating, I know performance systems are going to be noisier but I checked the odo and it's closer to 5k since my catback and it really is getting obtrusive at motorway cruise speeds.

the initial euphoria has worn off :)

That said, I drove the R32 demo car again this weekend hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....... still can't afford it :D

OK guys, the news you've all been waiting for, the new revised Milltek system has now been fitted and I can confidently say that any issues I had with booming have been resolved with the added bonus that the car now even feels quicker!!.

Milltek have redesigned the centre section silencer arrangement completely and what they have done works wonders. I believe that they have used the design from the VW Jetta meaning that the rear gains an extra silencer much like the OEM but loses the centre cylinder silencer, don't ask me, but it works :thumbup: .

So go on chaps, treat yourself to the Downpipe & Cat but make sure you let them know that you want the new design when ordering or your ears will bleed!.