Clutch slave

Hi I've got a MK3 TDI Octavia and the clutch pedal is on the floor this morning haven't used it for a few days, Im thinking it's the slave cylinder has anyone done one on these how hard was it and is it internal or external? Didn't get a chance to open bonnet this morning to check.

Try pumping the clutch, lift it up with your foot and pump a few times, this can sometimes get you back in the game, otherwise it's bad news. You may well be looking at a new slave (with this car they are in the housing) so that'll be big £££s. You'll have to get it to dealer to be sure. I had this issue recently, caused by leaking slave so needed new slave and new clutch. I feel your pain.

Hold tight mine had the same problem,i couldn`t see any leakage under the gear box nor feel any wet in the carpets under the pedal, it turned out to be the main seel in the master cylinder,not sure if they still do a kit or you have to buy a complete new one,not to sure if you need to bleed the brakes as well as i think the master cylinder controls these and my memory not so good so i can`t confirm,i`d get an expert opinion from a quality independent as you may not need to drop the gearbox if that`s the case.

Thanks for the replies, tonight I came home and I had a look, the reservoir level was down but I couldn't see any leaks inside the car or under the gearbox, I bled the clutch up and it seems to be holding the now. I'll leave it 24hrs and check it again tomorrow after work