Adaptive Lane Guidance

Hi Everyone, I've recently purchased a Skoda Superb L&K MY2019, i also have a 2016 model same L&K model, but on the 2016 I've got an option for 'Adaptive Lane Guidance' in the Driver Assistance settings menu, under Lane Assist.

With Lane Assist on it's own, the car ping pongs between the road marking lines, but with Adaptive Lane Guidance the car stays firmly centered between the lines, very nice feature, especially on the motorways.

Does anyone know what the 2019 model is lacking that would have activated this feature.....Traffic Jam Assist perhaps...?

Thanks...Mark...!

2016 Skoda Settings Pic.jpg

2019 Skoda Settings Pic.jpg

I've just been out to check my UK spec MY19 L & K and it's the same as your first picture, with Adaptive Lane Guidance available. Is your new one UK or Irish spec?

image1.jpeg

Hi Mick and thanks for looking for me....my 2019 one is an Irish spec.....and my 2016 one is UK spec.

I think Traffic Jam Assistant is the culprit. There's no physical button for it, but ACC, combined with Lane Assist and Adaptive Lane guidance all appear to make up the Traffic Jam Assist (TJA)

When i ordered the car, i had a list of items to be included, TJA was on it and the dealer confirmed it was included....so I'll be hammering on their door....;-)

On a separate matter I also confirmed with them that the 'boss controls' for controlling the passenger seat electrics were on the car (these are the slightly limited controls on the driver side of the passenger seat)

When the car arrived it didn't have the controls.....a big issue for us as we specifically wanted them as my wife is a wheelchair user and wanted to be fit to adjust the passenger seat from the driver

seat to help position her wheelchair easier when shes travelling alone......

To be honest, i think the dealer doesn't know the front of a the car from the rear of it....!

Thanks....again.

Mark.

For Traffic Jam Assist, you need ACC, Lane Assist and automatic transmission (DSG). You might be lacking DSG part. But, to be honest, I don't see how and why would Adaptive Lane Guidance depend on DSG on anything except Lane Assist.

Hi Zid and Tin,

Thanks for the replies.....all appreciated.

I should have mentioned yes i have DSG, both cars, and the car (2019 model) without Adaptive Lane Guidance would end up causing

a traffic jam rather than avoiding it...;-), by bouncing off the white lines.

The 2016 model, with ALG steers like an autonomous vehicle in city and motorway driving.

Thanks for the help....Mark.

When I was ordering my MY19 last autumn, I was told that if I order DSG, Lane Assist and ACC that I would automatically get Traffic Jam Assist and, at least in Croatia, there was no special item in configuration that needed to be selected.

Thanks Zid.....in Ireland the book says its an optional extra, so I had flagged it to the dealer.....can you tell me have you the controls on the driver side

of the passenger seat for electrical controls (its limited but allows at least control of the pitch of the seat back) and have you an L&K

Regards, Mark

I don’t have an L&K. I have a Business trim (I don’t think you have it in Ireland) and driver’s seat has electric contols but passenger seat does not but it does have manual adjustment of backrest angle.