1.6TDi runs lumpy

Any ideas what would cause the 1.6 engine to run lumpy at below 2000 revs? Once it's beyond this it is absolutely perfect it just means you have to keep changing down from 5th to 4th to stop it sounding like its labouring?

Thanks

13 hours ago, SuperbTWM said:

how does it idle? Could be many things. Any fault codes?

Idles spot on, did have some fault codes but they appear to have cleared after a regen

Codes were P0101 and P0236

Edited by toffeeboy

• 2 weeks later...

Your guess is as good as mine. The 1.6 lump is temperamental sod. Assuming it gets a decent run, DFP regenerates as it should, run a can of Forte diesel fuel conditioner in it once the fuel light comes on.

It's best to pour it straight into the fuel filter, but I've never seen a car like it for failing to start afterwards, so ignore that. Run it hard. It might smoke a little, but that's normal. Fuel up afterwards with decent premium diesel. If the fuel filter hasn't been changed (think they are every 20k miles) then do that, remembering to fill it with diesel first. If you have VCDS, prime it with the software.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2019 at 08:09, Bertie90 said:

mine used to run lumpy between 1500rpm-2000rpm with no fault codes. It was 1 faulty injector 

How did you track the fault down to the injector and then establish which one was causing the problem?

Thanks

12 hours ago, toffeeboy said:

How did you track the fault down to the injector and then establish which one was causing the problem?

Thanks

I personally didn't. The dealer did. 

They said " we noticed that one injector had abnormal readings and the ECU was trying to compansate with extra fuel. We then swapped the injector in to a different cylinder and got the same anomalies. " 

All I know is that after it got immediately better.