Child proofing 😁

Evening all, so before my superb estate arrives I have been looking at items to protect it a bit from the toddler and the dog and forthcoming newborn! Current items I have been looking at are, rear seat cover, tunnel cover, rubber floor mats and boot liner. Have also been looking at getting some mudflaps as they seem to get good reviews on here. Looking around on the internet superskoda seem to be the cheapest for most of the genuine stuff like the tunnel cover, rubber mats and mudflaps but get mixed reviews.  Is it worth shopping with them or spending a bit more and getting it from a dealers in the UK? Are the genuine rubber mats any good or are other brands just as good or better? And finally any recommendations on the boot liner and rear seat cover? Cheers in advance!

Add front seat backrest protection if you have 4-5 yr olds as they can easily reach them with dirty shoes.

Edited by Zid2000

Hi

I've ordered rubber tunnel cover + front & rear mud flaps on superskoda.com. They're really good quality. I've also ordered stainless steel rear bumper protection on superskoda.com too.

That's a good point with childern, since you often have things to put in the boot...

Front seats backrest protections are also mandatory. I agree.

I also put a cover (folded several times) between the back seat and each child car seat, to avoid damages on leather.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Hi

I've ordered rubber tunnel cover + front & rear mud flaps on superskoda.com. They're really good quality. I've also ordered stainless steel rear bumper protection on superskoda.com too.

That's a good point with childern, since you often have things to put in the boot...

I also put a cover (folded several times) between the back seat and each child car seat, to avoid damages on leather.

What version of the bumper protection did you get? Ive been considering if I should get the skoda one or a aftermarket one.. the aftermarket is cheaper and seems better aswell

+1 for the rubber mats and tunnel mat, I too got them from Superskoda along with the double-sided boot mat (estate/combi).

The rubber mats are really good quality. I sit them on top of the carpet mats – the front ones therefore won’t clip onto the mounting points but they don’t creep forward much, just need occasionally pulling back. The only slight negative I have found is that the “S” pattern is a bit of a pain to clean, needs a good scrubbing.

The boot mat is quite stiff but was rolled up for delivery so took a week or so to become flat again. Think I’d probably go for the “plastic boot dish” if I was buying again (got a vague recollection that it was out of stock at the time I was ordering).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chrisis said:

Evening all, so before my superb estate arrives I have been looking at items to protect it a bit from the toddler and the dog and forthcoming newborn! Current items I have been looking at are, rear seat cover, tunnel cover, rubber floor mats and boot liner. Have also been looking at getting some mudflaps as they seem to get good reviews on here. Looking around on the internet superskoda seem to be the cheapest for most of the genuine stuff like the tunnel cover, rubber mats and mudflaps but get mixed reviews.  Is it worth shopping with them or spending a bit more and getting it from a dealers in the UK? Are the genuine rubber mats any good or are other brands just as good or better? And finally any recommendations on the boot liner and rear seat cover? Cheers in advance!

Im in the same boat, one 3,5 year old and another one arriving in october. My shopping list is about the same, also getting touch up set for my color and a diecast model of the superb for the 3,5 year old

19 minutes ago, Ivan8192 said:

+1 for the rubber mats and tunnel mat, I too got them from Superskoda along with the double-sided boot mat (estate/combi).

The rubber mats are really good quality. I sit them on top of the carpet mats – the front ones therefore won’t clip onto the mounting points but they don’t creep forward much, just need occasionally pulling back. The only slight negative I have found is that the “S” pattern is a bit of a pain to clean, needs a good scrubbing.

The boot mat is quite stiff but was rolled up for delivery so took a week or so to become flat again. Think I’d probably go for the “plastic boot dish” if I was buying again (got a vague recollection that it was out of stock at the time I was ordering).

9 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Hi

How were your dealings with Superskoda? Seen a lot of bad reviews for them on the internet but then good ones as well. 

43 minutes ago, Chrisis said:

How were your dealings with Superskoda? Seen a lot of bad reviews for them on the internet but then good ones as well. 

I’ve only ordered once and it all came without problem. (I did also get the genuine chrome bumper protector but I haven’t fitted it yet). Mud flaps were already fitted to my car, otherwise I’d have got them as well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pjkw said:

What version of the bumper protection did you get? Ive been considering if I should get the skoda one or a aftermarket one.. the aftermarket is cheaper and seems better aswell

Which bumper protector have you been looking at? I am after a black gloss one to match the black gloss of the sportline 

25 minutes ago, Chrisis said:

Which bumper protector have you been looking at? I am after a black gloss one to match the black gloss of the sportline 

Im leaning towards this:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-Combi-massive-stainless-steel-rear-bumper-protective-panel-V4
Ideally I'd have all of them and could see which one looked best tho.. but ofcourse thats not really an option.

But I like that its stainless steel and not plastic, and unlike the Skoda one this one seems to go alittle bit longer, around the edge.. I think the edge is exposed on the Skoda one.

11 hours ago, pjkw said:

Hi @pjkw

Here is the one I've bought:

http://www.superskoda.com/fr/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-Combi-massive-stainless-steel-rear-bumper-protective-panel-V4-RS6-Brushed

I'm fully satisfied with it. 👍

10 hours ago, Chrisis said:

I've made around 4 or 5 orders in total (I had a Superb Mk2 prior to my courrent Mk3). Always satisfied. Once the item had some scratches when I received It. I made a claim iwth pics to show how it was damaged. They sent a new one whithin one week, without discussion 👍.

I've no reason to complain about Superskoda so far. 

May be others have good reasons... I don't know... 😕

Superskoda are OK. Genuine company and not an internet p1** take. Like all retailers they dont always get it right but I would say they are as good as any other reputable trader. Watch the carraige charge though as that can sometimes negate the lower price and make UK based suppliers competitive.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sagalout said:

Superskoda are OK. Genuine company and not an internet p1** take. Like all retailers they dont always get it right but I would say they are as good as any other reputable trader. Watch the carraige charge though as that can sometimes negate the lower price and make UK based suppliers competitive.

+1.  Don't assume that SuperSkoda will be the cheapest; when factoring in shipping costs I found it significantly cheaper to buy from Skoda dealers ebay outlets.  The transmission tunnel cover for example was cheaper on eBay without even adding in the shipping costs.  

On 27/05/2019 at 08:00, Chrisis said:

I ordered a boot edge protector from superskoda, fairly quickly got an automated dispatch email but they never actually dispatched it (tracking info just said awaiting package being given to courier). Sent about 3 very polite chase emails over the course of a few weeks but never got a response. Finally threatened to go to paypal to get a refund. Within a few minutes, they had refunded me the full amount but still with no explanation. 

So, it seems that if all goes OK they are fine but they have basically zero customer service if there is anything out of the ordinary. 

Good luck! 

11 hours ago, penguin17 said:

+1.  Don't assume that SuperSkoda will be the cheapest; when factoring in shipping costs I found it significantly cheaper to buy from Skoda dealers ebay outlets.  The transmission tunnel cover for example was cheaper on eBay without even adding in the shipping costs.  

Be careful with ebay dealers, based in China. It's often cheaper and looks then interesting, but these are often fake OEM spare parts. Only  poor quality copies...

4 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

Be careful with ebay dealers, based in China. It's often cheaper and looks then interesting, but these are often fake OEM spare parts. Only  poor quality copies...

That’s why I said Škoda dealers, e,g  Sparshatts, Horton etc. 😊

Nothing scrupulous and all OEM, legit parts. 

On 28/05/2019 at 09:05, penguin17 said:

What did you search on eBay to find the tunnel cover? I could find them but at £17 ish which is £10 more than superskoda. I will probably buy it from eBay anyway because I know it will get here if it's from a UK dealer but just wondering where you found it cheaper than that?

39 minutes ago, Chrisis said:

What did you search on eBay to find the tunnel cover? I could find them but at £17 ish which is £10 more than superskoda. I will probably buy it from eBay anyway because I know it will get here if it's from a UK dealer but just wondering where you found it cheaper than that?

I can only see them for £16 too

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362658689177

I paid £10.99 from Sandicliffe. 

14 hours ago, Chrisis said:

Shipping from Czech republic to France was fine for me. I received all my orders within 3-4 maximum. The quickest was delivered upon 2 days.

I don't see why it should take longer toward UK... (Brexit is not applicable yet 😋)

However, I can understand your point of view... ;) 

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

because I know it will get here if it's from a UK dealer 

Comment above is by Chrisis NOT Bap33

And how do you know that it is UK when on ebay? A business address listed as UK does not mean your goods are coming from the UK

Superskoda is as trustworthy and efficient as any UK retailer. They have supplied to me quicker than stuff from UK dealer based websites.

10 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Shipping from Czech republic to France was fine for me. I received all my orders within 3-4 maximum. The quickest was delivered upon 2 days.

I don't see why it should take longer toward UK... (Brexit is not applicable yet 😋)

However, I can understand your point of view... ;) 

1 hour ago, Sagalout said:

And how do you know that it is UK when on ebay? A business address listed as UK does not mean your goods are coming from the UK

Superskoda is as trustworthy and efficient as any UK retailer. They have supplied to me quicker than stuff from UK dealer based websites.

I was also speaking about trustworthyness of Superskoda.com,... ;) not any ebay seller...

7 hours ago, Sagalout said:

I believed that it said if it was located in the UK or not when buying on eBay, and going off the reviews on the internet it seems to be luck of the draw about how trustworthy and efficient Superskoda are. We will see, I like their upgraded boot lights so will probably order those and depending on what I find on eBay may buy some other things from them and will see if it arrives. It just seems like pot luck as to whether you will have a problem or not going off all the differing reviews around the internet. 

@Chrisis.

Yes I agree but my point was that you can find that sort of feedback about almost every retailer so don't let that put you off. After all, people are more likely to post to complain than to commend. 

And I know what will happen now if I am not careful; you will order, have problems and my ears will be burning for a year at least.  :D:D

Enjoy your Superb when it arrives. I don't have any qualms about recommending the Superb to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1