Skoda superb taxi

nofear26

Hello to everyone i am a new user and i need some help. I want to buy a new skoda superb 2.0TDI style the facelift model as a taxi. How reliable is the car? I mean 80.000km every year. Can i trust the DSG 7?Are there problems that i have to consider? Any help wil be very usefull.Thank you

Welcome.

Is it for town and city use, and what do other Taxi Drivers use where you are?

You will be doing Oil & Filter changes more than twice a year at that mileage and the DSG will need an Oil change every 64,400 km.

Edited by Skoffski

Buy a manual if you want rock solid reliability over a long period of time and lot of mileage. The chances of things going wrong with manual box are significantly lower

80% of the taxi's in my city are mercedes but i can not afford to buy a new mercedes. So i prefer to buy a new skoda than a used mercedes. Some collegues buy few months ago the superb so they are still very new to have an opinion. I don't want manual gearbox and the use of the car is mixed.city and highway.

What about the kodiaq? Collegues want to buy that model and i am confused. Do they use the same engine as superb? What about the DSG? Kodiaq use wet transmission and superb dry? Which is better? I am confused

Used diesel Kodiaq's can't be had for less than £20,000.

This is the cheapest to be had from a Skoda franchised main dealer...

image.png.3275ddc8ed8f48a8aabfa9e9589959ab.png

That puts you firmly in W212 Mercedes E-Class territory. I just bought this 2016 (16) plate approved-used Mercedes-Benz E220 with 30,000 miles for £16,000 and 3 year warranty, to replace the car on the right, a manual 2011 Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI CR140 with just shy of 170,000 miles under its belt...

20190504_121348.thumb.jpg.6b430ba36859d836196be21bd25e1f57.jpg

The Skoda Superb would make a much better taxi, rear leg room is simply palatial, and being a hatchback the huge boot is also far more useable. No doubt the S212 (estate) version of the E-Class would be better, but then the estate version of the Superb would be better still.

The reason I went for the Mercedes is I fancied an auto and didn't fancy running a DSG into out-of-warranty high mileage.

Only time will tell how reliable the Mercedes ends up being. I spend quite some time in Germany and studied their obsession with the W212 E-Class. Servicing the MErcedes will be much more expensive, even independent garages charge a premium to service a Mercedes. I serviced the Superb myself for less than £50 and a few hours on a Saturday morning. Motoring doesn't get much cheaper.

What is your budget? When you say you're after a 'facelift' version of the Superb, do you mean a facelift MkII...

image.png.6097c6732378a622f513d92ea48ae297.png

...or the latest MkIII?

image.png.79fd9a65f459b43cbdbe4b17d8510c96.png

Edited by silver1011

Thank you for your information. I mean the skoda the latest model mkIII. My budget is maximum 30000€. In that money i can buy a used mercedes w212. The question is used mercedes w212 or superb-kodiaq new.Also how reliable are the DSG? Of course services of w212 are more expensive. 

€30,000 EUR (£26,000 GBP) will get you a W213...

A nice estate version here...

image.png.a843a1fdadd80d179d0d1a8a5fcb73da.png

A nicely specced diesel DSG Kodiaq...

image.png.53e4f4dae784b1e7f386ff3e412e3031.png

The best value, or biggest bang for your buck is the MkIII Superb though...

image.png.5a72e49e851d262312408f54a6c76a51.png