Do I go to a UP! 90ps or GTI?

BrummieBrad

Should I go from a CITIGO SE L 75ps to a UP GTI? I know power wise yes but what are people’s thoughts on the GTI or even the 90ps TSI. 

I’ve only had my CITGO 3months and just finding I’m wanting more power already (I work with rather gusty cars for a job) I love everything about the car especially as I had a variety of factory fitted options added on.

thoughts and advice would be great! Especially if anyone’s got out of a PCP that early!! 

You buy the UP GTi if you like the looks but the standard seats have been criticised if you a spirited driver and like exploring the undoubted grip the car will generate. However you can save money and remap the lower powered TSi engine to approx 125bhp (which is more than the GTi). Smaller wheels and skinnier tyres will offer less grip than the GTi version but will also generate less tyre noise and improve fuel consumption. Personally I would go with the cheaper version and spend some of the savings modifying/improving it in the areas important to you, unless the style is more important to you then just buy the GTi.:nerd:

How about just Remapping the Citigo you have for a few more BHP?

If you get a GTI are you going to be driving where you want to go faster, just doing journeys at the same speed on the same roads or is it just more power for overtaking?

Edited by Skoffski

2 hours ago, Skoffski said:

If you get a GTI are you going to be driving where you want to go faster, just doing journeys at the same speed on the same roads or is it just more power for overtaking?

Is there a noticeable difference remapping the Citigo, I have seen a variety of places offer it in the UK but I'm not sure whether it'll make a huge difference. I find the car a little frustrating when pulling up hills it can be annoying dropping down gears whilst trying to get over them.

I have had the GTI since December and can thoroughly recommend it.If you want one be quick,VW have stopped making them for the UK market and there is not many for sale second hand.Possibly a future classic?.

6 hours ago, Skoffski said:

Is it possible to remap the 75bhp Citigo and get any significant gains?  My local remap place lists very small gains for that engine. It ends up with the same power and torque as a remapped 60bhp - 79bhp and 87