I've been unfaithful

Decided to relive my youth....again. Possibly back to the fold when the MkIV Octy VRS has bedded in. Getting used to DSG, less torque and power. I might have to browse the remap section. Thought about a BMW 340 or 440 Gran Coupe but wanted to be let out of junctions 😁

20190605_174011.jpg

• Haha 1

I've gone over to that side too. 230 though, rather than a 245.  Spill more beans on what you've got!

Gaz

7 hours ago, V6TDI said:

I've gone over to that side too. 230 though, rather than a 245.  Spill more beans on what you've got!

Gaz

Atlantic blue, Brescia wheels, DSG, Climate screen. Dynaudio, Cloth seats.  I tested one with leather seats and a sunroof, the leather was much better quality than in my Octy. However I preferred the Dynaudio and Climate screen. Fairly loud burbling exhaust at idle. Impressed with Discover ICE, active display ACC, handling, general fit and quality very good as expected...hopefully no rattles from the passenger seat belt, B pillar and dash,  which despite Skoda’s  best efforts, Lincolnshire roads often overcame. Road noise from tyres louder than I expected but they’re 225 x 35 x 19 and the roads here are roughly surfaced, so my fault. Boot size takes some getting used to. Early days. 

• Like 1

Echo your thoughts - especially the ACC which I'm well impressed with.  I ended up with heated leather and a virtual cockpit, more by luck than judgement.  I appear to have had my B pillar vibration transferred, so at least I won't miss that as well.  Shameless GTI pic:

IMG_1633.jpg

Gaz

Edited by V6TDI
  • Like 2

The thing that impressed me most about my first (2005) Golf 2.0 GTD was it's ability to urge me to go around roundabouts more than once and each time faster!

Newer generations are even better.

• Haha 1

I have just returned from a 300 mile trip today,  driving a Citroen van, which was ok due to its height, ie relaxed driving. Coming home tonight in the Golf around the A road bends demonstrated how well it corners.  I am now getting used to and beginning to like the lazy ease of the  DSG. My last Golf was a left hooker 1976 1.6 auto which had a whopping 75 BHP. It sat on the autobahn and motorways at 80 Mph happily for hours on end driving back to and from the UK. 

13 hours ago, V6TDI said:

Echo your thoughts -Shameless GTI pic:

IMG_1633.jpg

Gaz

Another shameless pic. 1st one I have taken since buying it. Impressed with crystal clear conversations with the phone calls. 

554EBDE2-F534-4BB6-9544-B7A1E9BC0D74.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Redboy said:

Another shameless pic. 1st one I have taken since buying it. Impressed with crystal clear conversations with the phone calls. 

554EBDE2-F534-4BB6-9544-B7A1E9BC0D74.jpeg

Oooft now that's purdy.  Do you still get a bottle opener in the centre cubby, like the mk5's?   

Lovely colour, very classy. Enjoy your new car 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, V6TDI said:

Freshly back from three days of protection detailing and ceramic coating:

IMG_1639.jpg

Looks spot on :thumbup:.  Pano roof too? 

I like the red grille trim extending into the lights.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Looks spot on :thumbup:.  Pano roof too?  

Ta, yes, pano roof, apple car play and other toys.

Gaz

• Like 1