Wax longevity question

BriskodaJeff

Sorry if this is a bit nerdy, but it's been bugging me so seeking the advice of the knowledgeable folk of Briskoda.

My car has two coats of Soft 99 Fusso Dark that I put on about 8 months ago. It's regularly topped up every couple of weeks or so with either Megs Gold wax or Megs Quik Wax, depending on how much time I have. To my untrained eye the water behaviour looks great (see pictures below). Now to the question. Is there any problem with having the Fusso on for so long and putting layer after layer of Megs on top? Does it go "off"? Or is all ok as long as it's beading / sheeting ok? I've been meaning to strip back to bare paint and reapply for a couple of months, but the weather just won't play ball. All comments gratefully received.

image.png.dad4e9f83ff0295fdf4ce369bd75a43e.png

image.png.f1460381e2bfda27f33e871ac0f92d49.png

I found myself in the same situation today when giving my car its weekly clean, it had autofinesse essence applied about 2 months ago and i topped it up with a qd every week, i could see that the water didnt sheet as well so after drying i just topped up a layer of wax, all waxes have their own durability claims but i always find that i top up a bit earlier, if i were you id just put another layer of fusso on as 8 months is a long amount of time if you think about it especially if your car is parked outside.

• Thanks 1

The water behavior your seeing will be from the last product used, in this case either Megs Gold wax or Megs Quik Wax. I try to avoid any shampoos or QD's with wax in as they will make it look my wax is holding up more than it really is. I've not used Fusso but it should last around 9 months so it may be time to do a full decon and rewax.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1