Can't have a Karoq 1.0 with DSG

white7606

I recently went on Carwow to get some price indications on a new Karoq 1.0 SE L with a DSG 'box and got prices from 5 Skoda dealers. I visited my local dealer armed with quotes, we used the configurator to work out my precise spec, worked out a price and agreed a price for my trade-in. Job done I thought. Wrong! When the salesman tried to place the order the 'system' wouldn't accept the order. After much discussion between the salesman and his boss they found a notification that 1.0 with a DSG is no longer available. Not only that but production had already ceased and all stock has been allocated and shipped. Amazing that 5 dealers could quote me prices, with discounts, on a product they can't supply!

I'm now looking for an ex-demo but has anyone else come across this? Does anyone know why? Are there issues with the 1.0ltr mated to the DSG?

Welcome.

The VW Group / Skoda are having to discontinue production of various models before the newer WLTP / RDE testing and need for low emissions and no cheating at tests.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.   They got ones through Certification for last Autumn that maybe should not have and will not stand up to new tests...

The Dealers were asleep, even the online May 2019 brochure shows the 1.0 DSG as from stock only.  Another salesman who can’t be bothered to read the Skoda product change updates

https://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesengb/alv1/3b4e5da7-f1c7-4f28-97b1-aa45f6aa749f/SKODA_KAROQ_Pricing_and_Spec_MAY19.35c20ca3e7e6620c2214158e459113ed.pdf

Dealers want you in the showroom! As long as you are there, they can sell, they don't care!

That's the first rule of sales...once they know you want a car they can talk you into stuff....not us obviously but most of the public will the buying stuff that they didn't want in the first place

Edited by TonyTonic

• 4 weeks later...

Gave in and bought a 1.5 SEL ex demo in the end. Price was good but I still feel as though Skoda are telling me what I can have rather than what I want. 

They can not build and sell vehicles that will not get WLTP / RDE Approval / Certification and the emissions they need because they can no longer get away with cheating.

So basically your government and other governments are telling you what you can have.

Some are going to have to tell VW Group that turning out some dodgy 1.5TSI EVO with poor behaviour is cheating.

People are avoiding the Plug in Hybrids that are not that economical in fuel so must be cheating really on emissions as well.