Skoda phone holder

gregwhates

7 minutes ago, gregwhates said:

Nice easy one - does the new shape phone holder fit in the cup holders in the centre console?

multimedia-holder-skoda.jpg

It certainly does but with the size of mobile phones nowadays not much fits in.  Best check the size of your phone before you by one.

• Like 1

I have a Samsung S9 fitted with a Spigen Armour All case and it fits fine with room to spare. 

The cupholders in the Yeti appear to be the same as in the MKII Octavia, if that is the case I find the end of the phone holder encroaches slightly onto the remaining cupholder. I've thought about filing the end down, but wondering if it is actually worth the effort. 

What's wrong with putting your phone in the dash top box?
We put both our phones in there or in the armrest when charging.

6 minutes ago, Urrell said:

What's wrong with you buying a phone holder, putting it in the cup holder, and putting the phone there?

I could even fit a tow hitch, buy a caravan and keep the phone in the kitchen drawer, if I wanted to. 😁

Besides, everybody knows the top box is for the sweetie stash!

Nah!

The sweets go in the between seats cup holders then I only have to drop my hand down. The phone in the between seats cubby box and wallet in the dashbox.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, gregwhates said:

Thank you very much. Just ordered one!

Where from please? I'm seeing them for £16.30 in eBay but from Russia which makes me a bit twitchy.

2 minutes ago, paulatthehug said:

Where from please? I'm seeing them for £16.30 in eBay but from Russia which makes me a bit twitchy.

Any Skoda dealer? I think I bought one from here:

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Phone_Holder_-_5E0857630BUS_5E0857630BUS

for my Octavia when it came with the "old" type, but its now in the boot cubby as for me any convenience added is far outweighed by having nowhere to put a drink.   

13 hours ago, Urrell said:

13 hours ago, gregwhates said:

.... Besides, everybody knows the top box is for the sweetie stash!

11 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

Nah!

The sweets go in the between seats cup holders then I only have to drop my hand down. The phone in the between seats cubby box and wallet in the dashbox.

2 hours ago, longedge said:

Errr no - it's the blue badge storage compartment 😀

Top box is for emergency waterproof torch, and clip-on sunglasses.  Trebor Extra-Strong mints (for me) and Polos (for m'lady) go in the cupholder slot.  Mob stays in my pocket (Bluetooth speaker for incoming only). 

Any other OT arrangements? 

• Like 1

Getting back on topic, phone holder arrived today and I'm actually quite impressed; it's much better than the old style one.

It fits really well in the centre console, and the phone slot fits a Galaxy S8, with a case on, and still has room to spare.

On 26/06/2019 at 12:04, Brijo said:

Top box is for emergency waterproof torch, and clip-on sunglasses.  Trebor Extra-Strong mints (for me) and Polos (for m'lady) go in the cupholder slot.  Mob stays in my pocket (Bluetooth speaker for incoming only).  

Top box for phones, roof console box for spare glasses, glove box bits and pieces and bottom of dash cubby hole for his & hers Trebor or Tesco Extra-Strong mints.
I do use phone on the go, no need to take hands off wheel or eyes off road to answer, just press roller button and I do phone her indoors on a Sunday on my way home from shooting (clays) to say I'll be home in 30 minutes so she has time to get dinner ready for when I get there. That is also done with no hands off wheel or eyes off road via voice control.

• Like 1