Rattle after shutdown ?

Hello,

My O3 FL recently started making a weird noise after i shut it down, show in this video :

https://youtu.be/qIfTAW7zGhs

a friend of mine said it might be a faulty throttle body or the flywheel, but i do not have any symptoms of either those problems other than the rattle, the engine is a 2.0 TDI CRVC 105kw coupled  with a 6MT, the car has 19 000 miles on it ( 31000 kms) and is 2 years old. If anyone has any idea about it or tell if it's  normal it'd  be appreciated. Cheers !

My old golf 1.9tdi has done similar for years. It started after I had a new Dmf fitted. If it goes when the clutch is depressed on shutdown it may be the same as my golf and what I presume to be  the DMF. It's never caused any issues for me in 60k miles.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nikonite said:

My old golf 1.9tdi has done similar for years. It started after I had a new Dmf fitted. If it goes when the clutch is depressed on shutdown it may be the same as my golf and what I presume to be  the DMF. It's never caused any issues for me in 60k miles.

It does go when the clutch is pressed or becomes very low, i took it to the dealership and they - hesitantly- said its the  flywheel. But I'm  not sure since none of the other symptoms are there for a failing flywheel.

14 hours ago, MagL3V said:

It does go when the clutch is pressed or becomes very low, i took it to the dealership and they - hesitantly- said its the  flywheel. But I'm  not sure since none of the other symptoms are there for a failing flywheel.

If the noise is affected by depressing the clutch, then theres not much else it could be.

• Thanks 1

On 29/06/2019 at 13:09, Saints92 said:

If the noise is affected by depressing the clutch, then theres not much else it could be.

Seeing the mileage, is it just a bad part of i risk having this problem  again very soon after replacing it ?