At last!

Breezy

Since getting my Karoq my only gripe has been fuel economy. I do tend to do short journeys around town so obviously its never foing to be brilliant but Ive just returned from a couple of days in Snowdonia. Mixed motorway/ B roads and tiny country lanes along with some interesting gradients. Now I know I did the right thing changing back from Diesel to Petrol!

1.5 Tsi DSG.........

AD90A1F0-30DE-4F2E-B786-B42C86E325DD.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

I have been getting mpg like that since new 12 month ago 6000 miles now 1.0l engine

I would expect it of a three cylinder one litre. Not so much a 1.5 turbo with DSG auto box.

On 06/07/2019 at 22:29, Breezy said:

I would expect it of a three cylinder one litre. Not so much a 1.5 turbo with DSG auto box.

And you would be correct.

When you check what owners are getting it is no where near that as an average.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq?engineconfig_id=37&bodytype_id=&submodel_id=

I managed to get 54 for 1st time on run down to Heathrow around midday with light traffic and warm weather.

Average for me is around 44mpg, but that is by being frugal and sticking to 65mph on motorway trips.

Edited by MJ1
added link to fuelly

7 hours ago, MJ1 said:

And you would be correct.

When you check what owners are getting it is no where near that as an average.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq?engineconfig_id=37&bodytype_id=&submodel_id=

I managed to get 54 for 1st time on run down to Heathrow around midday with light traffic and warm weather.

Average for me is around 44mpg, but that is by being frugal and sticking to 65mph on motorway trips.

Oh yes, that is certainly not my average, mostly because I drive short distances and almost exclusively around town. However, as this was my first long journey and included some pretty serious gradients and lots of narrow and winding roads as well as some motorway miles, (also with air con in use due to warm temperatures) I’m now much happier than I was in the earlier days of ownership.

Another trip out today to my daughters place......mostly winding country roads but mpg is well into smelly diesel territory 😂😂😂

F711806C-DE1E-4D2D-A06E-1516A14F2369.jpeg