Mileage

Kraken6

Hi There.

I am new to this but I am about to buy octavia vrs  dsg diesel with 15000 miles on the clock and regularly serviced at skoda main dealer.It had first service at 4287miles and date 24/10/17(is it not a bit early?)Second service at 8456miles and date 27/07/18 and third service at 15572miles and date 23/05/19 Which can be checked online through skoda app when VIN is entered.Is it still possible that car could be clocked as interior and steering seems little more worn out than I would expect according to mileage.

Hi when was it first registered? The length of time between the services does seem odd because even on a low mileage Vrs they normally go to 9,400 miles or 12 month intervals so if the interior looks worn then something is amiss. My 2017 Vrs245 is now nearly 23 months old and just over 23,000 miles yet the interior including the steering wheel looks brand new still.:thinking:

So the car is just over 2 years old an has had 3 services so far which is odd as it left the factory with Long Life oil. I bought a 2015 Vrs diesel DSG hatch with 7,700 miles on the clock put another 7,000 miles on it in 7 months and when I traded it back to the same Skoda dealer with 14,700 miles on it a service had yet to be done it. It was 15 months old when I returned it for a new Superb if this helps.:blink:

Yeah it is a bit odd I just wonder if call skoda services it had been in to get some more info or does anyone offer service to check cars ecu’s via its socket to uncover its real mileage.

Is it a one owner vehicle and if not if you post the reg plate on here the first owner may or may not see it and confirm the mileage and when they sold it. What price are they asking? My 14,700 mile version was worth £17,600 trade price back in April 2016 for example.

The 3 owners in 2 years and the low mileage would be ringing the alarm bells for me. Are you buying the car in the UK and if so from a Skoda dealer or independant garage? Personally I would walk away now if you haven't put a deposit down on it.:nod:

20 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

The 3 owners in 2 years and the low mileage would be ringing the alarm bells for me. Are you buying the car in the UK and if so from a Skoda dealer or independant garage? Personally I would walk away now if you haven't put a deposit down on it.:nod:

First one could have been Skoda UK or a dealer demo?

8 minutes ago, Kraken6 said:

Do u think that if car is being sold by main dealer.Current mileage is correct.

Let me check my crystal ball? Seriously I have no idea but condition is always more important than the mileage as it demonstrates how it has been driven and generally cared for.:thinking:

• Like 1

I am not sure about that there seems to be always little clause that it is down to buyer to check that mileage on the car is correct as well as the overall condition of the car.Which leads to contradiction of 1000 miles no quibble warranties from skoda dealer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.There just update on my previous post.I have walked away from Skoda vrs with 3 previous owners and bought 5months old 1 owner Skoda dealer with 8500 miles old vrs in race blue 2.0 tdi with new 7speed wet clutch DSG/ad blue.

• Like 1

Good. Enjoy it.

But that just means one 'Registered Keeper', and gives no idea of how many drivers.  

Hertz have 'one owner cars' until the next person goes on a V5.

Ex Management Cars are often 1 former keeper, but again that means nothing,

some can be never raced or rallied and others might be a Long Term test car for EVO / Top gear etc.

• 2 years later...

That car was mine....

the dealer I bought it from lied about everything

sold it me as an ex demo .....

When I got log book it already had 3 owners prior to me and it was a year old if I remember

i tried finding out any history on it 

and the independent dealer I went to said it was strange as he wasn’t able to access the warranty history....???

pretty odd....

I personally think it had some major issue when new hence warranty history being hidden...! 

the selling dealer to me here in Oxford washed their hands of it and me 

it’s a very well specked car