RIP 2010 timing chain failure apprantley

Daughter broke down other day she said car sounded like a tractor 

green flag came out and said it was her timing chain and said it was bye bye car

had no mechanic look at it yet as broke down at night, but it sounds fatal and not worth fixing car but should probably get a opinion

if my only option to scrap it  or should I try and sell it as Spares or repairs ebay

she is gutted to say the least

Yeah they do. But chain failure is pretty common. 

Depending on finances and value of the car a salvage engine might be easier and cheaper that repairing yours.  

Pity you’re not more local as I’d help out if I could. 

It couldn’t of come at a worse time, she split up with partner moved back home then car went belly up all within 4 days

so it been a very emotional time trying to get daughter to childminders before work, which she needs a car for

finances tight then there’s me in desperate need of a 4x4 as live in middle of nowhere but when I say new I mean around 10 yrs old

can always get it recovered to yours 😀

• Like 1

...Its a shame you are not able o afford a new car... Vauxhall I think, are knocking off £4000 for a new model, with the scrimmage system, Ford are offering £2K. 

Always the way, though. There you can afford, the more you can save!