Blank MFD screen

fabman

Hi forum members , 

MFD centre display between the two dials failed to come on this morning , tried restart and was still the same then restarted car an hour later and it’s back , anybody heard or seen of this before ?

• 1 month later...
On 28/07/2019 at 08:07, fabman said:

Hi forum members , 

MFD centre display between the two dials failed to come on this morning , tried restart and was still the same then restarted car an hour later and it’s back , anybody heard or seen of this before ?

Happened to my car just once about a year ago `- exactly as you describe. Its been fine since then.

Software glitch, there are hundreds of niggles reported on here across all models. As cars get more complex they're only going to get more common place unfortunately.

Turning off the ignition and restarting the engine is essentially a re-boot.

As long as the issue doesn't happen regularly I suspect it might be something we have to live with occasionally.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just happened last night on my Karoq, just googling to see if it is a common fault. I will keep an eye on it. It came back on when I left it turned off for a few minutes and restarted it all.

• 3 weeks later...

Happened to me today. Everything normal at first, traveled about 6 miles then parked. On starting again after 20 mins or so the display was blank and remained so on way home. Tried page buttons and scroll wheel on steering wheel but nothing. Parked in drive, ignition off then on - nothing. After ignition off for another 2-3 mins tried again and all was well. It had changed pages though, so I assume it had registered the button presses. Car was serviced yesterday but this may just be coincidence.

BTW after it happened to me when I next wanted my phone to work via bluetooth that link was lost so I had to re set up the phone, might have been un related but if (when) it happens again I will check my phone to ensure settings still in place.

Had this on an intermittent basis in my previous Passat and once since acquiring the Karoq. Pressing and holding in the power button for quite a few seconds (cannot recall how long) performs a reboot and returned things to normal for me.

Not ideal and been an issue for VAG for quite some time; it is a pity that the system cannot be made more robust

On 29/08/2019 at 16:42, OldKaroq said:

Happened to my car just once about a year ago `- exactly as you describe. Its been fine since then.

No recurrence since my post above, all good.