Trade Karoq for a Scala

skoda1982

7 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

@VAGCF

Because they can and greed.

Nice cheap cars in the first place for them as a Showroom car sometimes, then registered as Demonstrator, or straight to demonstrator status, 

or just a business perk with not many actual potential customers getting to drive them, 

then dealerships fill their boots getting as much as they can punting them.

They never want them to look like they have dropped in value, and they get shot of them anyway one way or another, 

and the truth being you might as well be a 'Brand New' car with a full 3 years manufacturers warranty that has not been ragged hard maybe for at least 3 months and at least 3 months by various drivers.

Yes, when I bought a new A6 Avant a few years ago it was a no brainer compared with buying a 6 month old demo once the manufacturers discount and lower interest rate was taken into account. The only time I've ever bought "nearly new" is when I've bought pre-registered which is where the real bargains tend to be which I guess is what shy's Superb is which is a great discount. I'd never buy a demo for the reasons you give.

Evidently there's going to be a load of pre-registered going to be made available soon as dealers have to shift existing stock as the deadline approaches with regard to the new regulations - can't remember the details.

Edit: Didn't read the 2nd page before posting where I now see this has been covered!

Edited by VAGCF
  • Like 2

Whilst they only make up a small proportion of "nearly new" cars I assume that the amount of VAT that the government gets if a car is pre-reg or a demo is less than new? Not that I'm feeling sorry for them! :D

Yes - same if you get a discount on New - the discount is Applied before the VAT is Applied

Its just a way to differentiate between New and Nearly New (Prereg) - so they can justify the extra discount..  earlier this year the dealers were encouraged to pre register the 2.0 TDI 4x4 Karoq and Kodiaq... so they gave dealers a discount on those that did... 

So manufacturers use it as away to get more stock shifted...

The big kidology comes from SMMT figures / spokes people, then Parkers Guides etc, and figures on 2nd hand / used car sales and values in the UK.

These Ex Demonstrators, Ex Management, Ex Media / Fleet cars 2nd registered keepers prices paid are higher than they might be, and finance is lent on these 'over priced' nearly new cars.