Skoda Connect - unveryfied

Hi, Wonder if anyone has any knowledge or experience with this one ...

I have a Dec 2018 VRS Octavia purchased used, but previous owner has paid for (or got free) Skoda connect - but never bothered registering for it. 

I have downloaded the phone app and set it up (on my laptop), got the code they sent, put it in with Vin no etc and its all recognised and registered. I selected a Skoda service partner and this was accepted.

However to use some of the features (Such as remote access or honk and flash) it doesn't work - on the phone it just says error so I tried on laptop. A little balloon pops up saying "Unverified".

I clicked on it and it says to use these features you have to be verified with your service partner please call in.

So I did. And guess what? They know nothing about it. After asking person after person they were referred to a new car salesman who said " Oh yeah they said something about this on the training, I think we have to activate it"

He suggested the young lad on the parts and service rings Skoda UK and finds out about it. So I guess nobody else has done it with a car from that main dealer, and to be honest my limited dealings with them so far don't fill me with any confidence.

Anyone help?

Failing this I'll ring Skoda UK myself, but we could do with some info on here to help anyone with the same sort of problem.

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm as well curious about this.

I've a octavia vrs -19(built 11/18)

Unverified in the Skoda connect portal.

I can honk the horn with the app(android), have not tried flashing but I'm sure that is working.

But i can't lock/unlock the car.

The app doesn't even show me that it's possible.

On the Swedish Skoda connect webpage it says that you need to be verified to use lock/unlock.

You need to go to the service center and show your legitimation and proof of ownership of the car for them to verify you.

Will ask about this next time I'm there, gonna pick up my new winter wheels in a couple of weeks :)

Did you get any answers?

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, you need to visit the dealer with ID and they can verify you’re the owner. I think you need to have your logbook and driving licence/passport.

From memory, when they activated mine, it took a little time to figure out the process (I guess not many people bother with it!) but they sorted it out whilst I was there.

Persist with them, and you’ll get there!

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by Cubbington

Ok here's the update.

Dealer never rang me back so I called in again. They looked puzzled then remembered what they were supposed to have done and pretended they were waiting for Skoda UK to get back to them. (obviously this kind of huge complex issue takes days or weeks to resolve)

I expressed my feelings and left.

Got a call back same day saying I had to call in with ID and ownership - When I explained I had already done that they agreed and took some details over the phone and verified me.

If I use the app now it does indeed show verified. But it still doesn't work.

My car doesn't have a sim card slot, If it came with a USB connect device previous owner must have kept it, so I haven't bothered with it. If anyone knows how I get it working please post, if not I'll just leave it. 

You get an impression about your dealer from every interaction, and so far every single time I have dealt with my local dealer something has been poor. Lets hope they service vehicles with more care.

Thanks.

No SIM card slot? Sounds like you have the Amundsen system.

Do you have just one SD card slot in the glove box?

Whatever system you have, you need to connect the car to the internet for the connect services to work.

With Amundsen you connect the car to your phone’s hotspot, or, as I think you may be correct, get a 3G USB dongle (although I think the USB port switches off with the ignition off after a set time, so useless anyway).

I don’t know if you have to pay the yearly subscription charge either; have you created an account online, rather than just downloading the app? If not, get that done too.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Nick

13 hours ago, Cubbington said:

No SIM card slot? Sounds like you have the Amundsen system.

Do you have just one SD card slot in the glove box?

Whatever system you have, you need to connect the car to the internet for the connect services to work.

With Amundsen you connect the car to your phone’s hotspot, or, as I think you may be correct, get a 3G USB dongle (although I think the USB port switches off with the ignition off after a set time, so useless anyway).

I don’t know if you have to pay the yearly subscription charge either; have you created an account online, rather than just downloading the app? If not, get that done too.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Nick

You don't need a internet connection to use the Skoda Connect app.(except for receiving  data from the "trip planner")

As I've understand it there is a built in sim-card for this(and for sos and service calls)

On 08/10/2019 at 19:53, matt_black_90 said:

You don't need a internet connection to use the Skoda Connect app.(except for receiving  data from the "trip planner")

As I've understand it there is a built in sim-card for this(and for sos and service calls)

I think that's only if you've got the SOS package (which mine hasn't), or it's got the additional functions of the locking/unlocking which mine also hasn't got!

I know that with my wagon there's no connection to the outside world with out jumping onto my phone's hotspot.

The OP really just needs to try and get the full info from his dealer, as we're all trying to help, but all guessing 🙂

Cheers,

Nick

Hi, I've asked my local dealer about the same remote unlock feature. His rather hesitant (unconfident)  answer was that this feature wasn't supported in the UK. My wife drives an Audi, so same VAG parent, and the remote unlock feature is working fine. I'll watch this thread in case anyone gets a better answer than I did and probably ask again next time I'm in the dealership. 

23 hours ago, Cubbington said:

I think that's only if you've got the SOS package (which mine hasn't), or it's got the additional functions of the locking/unlocking which mine also hasn't got!

I know that with my wagon there's no connection to the outside world with out jumping onto my phone's hotspot.

The OP really just needs to try and get the full info from his dealer, as we're all trying to help, but all guessing 🙂

Cheers,

Nick

Ahh I think you're right, didn't think about that. :)

@WiltsMike

i should work in UK according to:https://availability.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com#/service/25

If your octavia is produced from 11/2018.

Edited by matt_black_90

• 3 years later...

My account is now verified. It seems if you want to use Lock&Unlock feature you have to enter date of birth in profile and mobile number. If already have those, a copy of your drivers license must also be sent to your Skoda car dealership.

Did all of that and now i can use the functions and the account says Verified.

image.png.a0efeca35857f7cfe56df6f98d51a12e.png