Trip to zero

I have the digital display and whereas on my previous car the return to zero button is immediately below the display it does not exist on mine, I have looked in the manual but can not find any mention of how to set the trip to zero, it must be there but I can not find it, guidance would be appreciated.

24 minutes ago, Brackenwood said:

Billy Jim. Thanks for that, i agree that is how it works on an analogue cluster but i have the digital display and there is no button at A and no apparent alternative button.

@newbie69 may be able to help. 

I know on Audi's there's a few positions around the steering column/dash where they place a physical '0.0' button for the VC.   I'd be interested to see where this is done on a Superb. 

12 hours ago, Brackenwood said:

I have the digital display and whereas on my previous car the return to zero button is immediately below the display it does not exist on mine, I have looked in the manual but can not find any mention of how to set the trip to zero, it must be there but I can not find it, guidance would be appreciated.

It's true that you can't do this from all screens/displays on a digital dash, as is also true that the User Manual is incredibly poor in explaining all the configuration options of the Digital Display. Even after six months I'm still figuring out new features and behaviours every other day.

In principle, you need to keep the rotating knob to the right of the steering wheel pressed for a second. BUT, you need to be in the right screen first!

So first, switch to the so called "Classic display", the one where the car defaults to every time it starts, (the one with the rpm and speed dials left and right and the configurable central display area). Now switch the central display area to the driving data mode where it displays average time, speed, consumption etc. Once there, a brief pressing of the rotating button will switch from Trip > Long-Term > Since refuelling screens. Long pressing (for 1 second) will reset the data of the currently selected display. So watch out not to do it while your long-term display is on (unless you want to deliberately reset that of-course).

Sounds complicated but once you do it once you'll quickly browse to that screen in the future. I am anyway in the driving data mode by default so essentially it's just a direct button press for me.

Alternatively, you can reset any display from the infotainment. Don't remember the exact steps but once in CAR menu and display options you'll find it. I just find it much easier and quicker doing this while keeping my hands on the wheel.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

@newbie69 may be able to help. 

I know on Audi's there's a few positions around the steering column/dash where they place a physical '0.0' button for the VC.   I'd be interested to see where this is done on a Superb. 

I don't think there's a physical button for that on our cars (unless I'm wrong) so I follow the steps above.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Brackenwood said:

Thanks for that, phew, not sure I want to know my trip distance now. I need a ten year old to show me, trouble is my ten year old is now 50 and in New Zealand.

Wait, did you just call me a ten-year old? :D 

Don't worry, I like to elaborate when giving assistance/instructions so doing it, should take you only a fraction of the time it took you to read it.