Canton amp connector

Hi all

I have an issue with the Canton system on my 2016 L&K Superb. The drivers side bass speaker is distorted. Thinking it was the speaker, I removed the door card and substituted for a new one, but the problem persisted. A search on the forum showed this to be a common problem, normally sorted by doing a reset, but this hasn’t cured mine! So, suspecting  the amp, I took the cover of, but no matter what I tried, I could not release the main plug. It appears to have a handle to ratchet the connector in, but I can’t figure out how to release it. Here is a photo of it.

I would appreciate any help given.

Thanks in advance.

Mick.

C13161B5-457B-44D2-9374-65717AB4F193.jpeg

Sorted👍

On the back of the plug there is a lock that has to be held in while the handle is rotated. Small screwdriver worked for me. Haven't been able to fix the distortion problem though☹️

Mick

AE41F3D4-86A9-4399-8FBD-20E0CB672536.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...