Cupra Ateca

Orville

14 minutes ago, Orville said:

The Clubman's interior-space wouldn't work for me. I'm 6ft5 with two teenagers (each over 6ft), and a dog who likes to lay down whilst being chauffeured around in the boot. The Ateca/Karoq only just-about provides enough space.

I'm surprised, I thought it was pretty roomy (althought I'm a lot shorter than you), we though the rear was better than the VW equivalents (we looked at the Tiguan, T-Cross and T-Roc).

My 6ft7 inch mate drives a Rav4. I'm not sure if Toyota's are particularly good for the lanky but he's stuck with them for a long time.

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up the Cupra, and first impressions compared to my 1.5 DSG Karoq are:-

*It is a LOT faster (pretty obvious)

*No more wheel-spin. 4WD puts all of the power-down.

*The Karoq has a better DSG gear knob. It is chunkier and more solid that the skniny knob on the Ateca.

*12v socket turns on/off with igntion. I prefer the Karoq's always-on 12v, so will fix it soon. It just needs a fuse moved.

*No rear 12v socket. Cheapskates on an almost £40k car.

*No storage bin on top of dash.

*7-speed wet DSG on the Ateca is a lot smoother than the 7-speed dry DSG on the Karoq. Less judder when pulling away and silky between shifts.

*Bigger engine/turbo in the Ateca means less responsive than the 1.5 below 2300rpm, but then all-hell breaks loose.

*Interior plastics are better in Karoq.

*Digital dash is nice, but a biy small for my liking.

*MPG after first 250 miles is just below 30. The Karoq averaged 36.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Orville said:

I just picked up the Cupra, and first impressions compared to my 1.5 DSG Karoq are:-

*It is a LOT faster (pretty obvious)

*No more wheel-spin. 4WD puts all of the power-down.

*The Karoq has a better DSG gear knob. It is chunkier and more solid that the skniny knob on the Ateca.

*12v socket turns on/off with igntion. I prefer the Karoq's always-on 12v, so will fix it soon. It just needs a fuse moved.

*No rear 12v socket. Cheapskates on an almost £40k car.

*No storage bin on top of dash.

*7-speed wet DSG on the Ateca is a lot smoother than the 7-speed dry DSG on the Karoq. Less judder when pulling away and silky between shifts.

*Bigger engine/turbo in the Ateca means less responsive than the 1.5 below 2300rpm, but then all-hell breaks loose.

*Interior plastics are better in Karoq.

*Digital dash is nice, but a biy small for my liking.

*MPG after first 250 miles is just below 30. The Karoq averaged 36.

As a Karoq owner I know my knob is thicker and better than Cupra Ateca owners skinny less satisfying one.:o

• Haha 1