Playback error message

medsec

I keep getting a playback error message when playing music via Bluetooth from my iPhone 6S.  The message says “ Connect to WiFi or change your settings for streaming music”. It used to work perfectly but now when I play from my playlist it either plays just one song and then gives the error message or doesn’t play at all. I’ve tried disconnecting the phone and then re-pairing to Bluetooth again but that doesn’t work.  Is it possible to stream music from my phone via CarPlay?

On 26/09/2019 at 14:25, langers2k said:

Sounds like your phone is set to only stream music using WiFi.

There will be a setting in the phone to allow it to stream music using cellular data too.

Yes, that sounds like just the problem.  I have an I-phone 6S.  Any idea where I can find this setting please?

I've never owned an iPhone so I can't be sure of the exact steps....

A quick google suggests you should be looking at settings, cellular and making sure cellular data/3g/4g are enabled and that whichever app you're using for playing music is also allowed to use data.

If you want to test it, you can just turn off WiFi and see if it'll stream without connecting it to your car :)

• Like 1