Collinite 476 vs BiltHamber Double Speed or even FK1000p

Thisday

Hi All,

After a long while away from the site, i'm looking to get a wax for the car. I ditched the silver fabia for a dark blue (non metallic) Captur. 

A few weeks back I spent many an hour cleaning an prepping the paintwork for a coat of Gtechniq C2v3, which it has worn for about a month now. I think its still beading fine (althought not as well as i remember it did on the Fabia). But I was looking for somthing to make it shine a little more.

I dont often get round to cleaning as much as I would like, so I am after durabilty also. Therefore from my limited research (and budget) I was considering;

• Collinite 476
  • Bilt Hamber - Double Speed Wax
  • fk1000p - (I already own some)

The the question is, what would you guys goes for, taking into account the above 2 factors?

and as a secondary question. I have some Power Maxed -Ultra Finishing polish - I was thinking of adding this over the C2v3, before I use the wax (as i dont have the time nor much C2v3 left to reapply) - if this good/bad/meh idea?

• Like 1

Cannot comment on the other two products as I haven't used them, but cannot recommend BH Double Speed Wax highly enough.

One of the easiest waxes to apply (a little dab'll do you!), with incredible durability. Previously I've applied two coates, but one will do you. I do a pre summer and pre winter external deep cleans. The attached image was taken in April this year on a car approaching 9 years and 100k.

Screenshot_20190927-223336_Opera.jpg

6 minutes ago, Thisday said:

I have actually, but the durability didn't seem to be as good as those above. 

I remember it getting a lot of love a few years back

There has been a new version introduced a few months ago that has been getting worse durability results then the old version. I still have the old version and i personally find that it does last longer then bh double speed, i must say that application wise double speed wax is my favourite

I try and do the deep cleans every 6 months,  but due to the weather, holidays et al it can be anything up 9 months, and the BH DSW is still holding up remarkably well.

This winter I'm thinking of giving this a go (plus the usual decam prep) to compare. 

• 1 month later...

I'd pick Collinite 845 over 476, you get a similar finish with slightly less durability but it's a lot easier to apply. Just warm it up a bit and give it a shake, then wipe on thin, wait to dry and buff off, it's easy!

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 28/09/2019 at 12:30, Guest said:

I try and do the deep cleans every 6 months,  but due to the weather, holidays et al it can be anything up 9 months, and the BH DSW is still holding up remarkably well.

This winter I'm thinking of giving this a go (plus the usual decam prep) to compare. 

Hi mate 8th with the double speed wax buy bilt hamber can you get 6-months from start to finish the old Formula on soft99 definitely get 8 months in your opinion is bilt hamber just as good I only need six months at a time put it on after polishing clay boring and decontaminating Skoda Octavia in the first week of October maintain it over winter I need to get to release the last week in March do you think bilt-hamber double speed-wax will get me there are thanks mate would appreciate your input