Interested in a Superb V6 estate - VU60UVJ

davej998

So after 12 years driving an old BMW540, its showing its age and am looking for a similar type of car to replace it and have come back to Skoda as a possibility (had an Octy vRS before the BMW which I liked). Plus this forum was great during my ownership back then, and still looks like its a great community for owners which I think is a big plus for the brand and is what's pushing me back to Skoda now. 

Anyway I've seen this car for sale on ebay in Surbiton, Surrey. Looks promising - 1 owner, 60k miles, never failed an MOT, HPI check looks ok apart from a weird number plate change. Unfortunately the dealer's reviews are terrible. I suspect they just get trade-ins or get cars from auctions and put them straight up for sale with no checks. Many people seem to have bought cars with issues which they then wash their hands of.

So was wondering:

1. If anyone on here knows the car? Its previous reg was VO60AOH which according to DVLA was transferred to a 2019 Superb in Jan 19. Seems strange to me to transfer a 'normal' reg so not sure what that was about!

2. Will a phonecall to a skoda dealer help me establish its service history?

3. Anyone live near who could have a quick look?  I'm up in Wigan and the car is in Surrey so its a bit of a trek just to find that the cars a dud and I can't trust the dealer to tell me its true condition over the phone after reading their reviews. If it looks promising then I'll go take a look, and may also get an AA or RAC inspection done too. 

The only other low millage superb V6's for sale right now are both a no for me - one's maroon and the other is a dud ex police car that's been discussed already at length on briskoda (OV58NOH).

Anyway, any help, advice or info would be appreciated! 

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

Best look more local and don't trust to random people you do not know to go look at cars for you.

People keep registration numbers that mean nothing to other people because they are used to them, and it might just suit them to run a new car and not show it is a new car.

?

How many former registered keepers is the seller of VU60 UVJ saying it has?

I see it must be showing as 1 owner, that is because they ignore that they own it now..

It can be many more than on the V5 as 'In Trade' does not show there could be various owners that never go on the V5.

Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 07.37.19.png

Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 07.37.58.png

Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 07.42.20.png

Screenshot 2019-10-07 at 07.42.45.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

Thanks for your reply Root. I've seen the dealer reviews too and agree they're pretty bad so am looking at the car purely on its own merit. I don't mind a car with some wear and tear as long as the price reflects it. I would treat it a bit like a private sale, buyer beware and all that. I'm pretty experienced as a DIY mechanic to that helps too.

Regarding reg plate and owners, the HPI check I did says zero previous owners so the car may still be registered in the previous owner's name. The fact that the original reg is now on a 2019 Superb suggests that the owner liked it but just fancied a newer car. Anyway time will tell, I'll go take a look and block my ears to anything the dealer says. I have zoomed into the pics of the car and noticed both front and rear plates have www.startingroup.co.uk on them and they have a Skoda Dealership in Powick, Worcestershire. I'll give them a call first to see what I can find out about its history ;)