Electrical Gremlins

So over the past couple of weeks I have been hit with a series of electrical faults and niggles which may or may not be connected. The eclectic mirrors can no longer be adjusted or heated. The windows are behaving very erratically or not at all and the radio has a mind of its own too. Driving down the motorway on the way to a wedding the front passenger window decided to fully open for no reason then refuse to go back up for about 20 seconds whilst me and the wife are frantically trying to close it whilst her hair is blowing all over the place. This happened 4 times and it didn't seem to matter whether I used the switch in the drivers door or the one in the passenger door, neither seemed very responsive. I ended up pressing the window lock button in hope that it would stop this happening and so far it has but I now can't get the window lock button to turn off and now my drivers window is hit and miss to whether it will go up or down. On to the radio... I had the touchscreen replaced about 12 months ago just before it ran out of warranty but now it is back to having a mind of its own constantly changing radio station or skipping tracks when being played from my phone via Bluetooth and then randomly muting the sound. Fair to say that at present there is little driving pleasure to be had from the Scout. Any help or suggestions greatly received. 

Several threads reporting strange  electrical problems. After a  recent service I mentioned that my Stop/Start had problem only been resolved after a new battery was fitted. I was told that the garage was expecting a surge in electical and battery problems as winter draws on. Take that as you wish.

My faulty battery cranked over the engine just fine. But in the colder weather I also got a warning about the 12V battery being low and to drive the car. This warning popped up over a two year period and the main dealer attempted a diagnosis. A battery charge was done and a control module changed.This did not restore the stop start function.