iPhone 8 connectivity

Hi all, apologies if this has been posted before but I’ve spent hrs searching the ICE forum and now my head is spinning!!

We’ve just collect a 2011 Octavia Scout with bolero head unit.

ive found that my iPhone 8 (iOS 13.1.2) connects fine for phone calls, including address book and call list etc, but cannot connect as a media player so no BT Media - cue disappointed kids and frustrated daddy!

My partners Android 8 phone connects for both phone and media streaming!

Is this an iPhone issue or a Bluetooth module issue?

I’ve yet to get the part number off the BT module under the seat - can this be read in situ or does it need removing?

Yours,

Confused of Exeter!

That seems odd, both an iPhone and Android phone should be using A2DP for media streaming so if the BT module supports one phone, it should support both.

All I can suggest is you try deleting the pairing on both the phone and car, then try re-pairing?

Thanks langers, I thought it odd too.

The only thing that was different was that the Android phone was attached via the aux socket first.

ive got an aux adapter on order for the iPhone so I can try both methods.

I’ll delete the phone, reconnect & report back.

P

After a few attempts I got the iPhone to connect as a media player .

It doesn’t connect automatically, but has to be selected from the Bluetooth menu as a media player.

Only slight  gripe now is that no track info is displayed on the head unit.
I guess this might be an iPhone issue  as the missus’s cheap Android connects automatically and display track info 🤨